Dealer extended warranty yes or no?

Getting the one year sounds like sound advice. By then you will know if the previous owner rode it harder then the bike appears to be ridden.

I had the extra cash to get the 5year with mine and never needed it.

I brought my Busa new, here in the UK we get a two year warranty.

The sales man said I have to read you this, about a extended warranty, but if the bike going to go wrong it will usually do it, in the first year.
And any way the Busa is a really reliable bike.

So he recommended I didn't get one.

I fell for the extended warranty and didn't bother reading the "fine print",turned out the few issues i attempted to use it for(the notorious Gen I 2nd gear problem,leaking fork seals,etc.)wouldn't be covered.Unless it's something determined to be at fault because of a manufacturer's defect and not "rider abuse"(as they put it)you'll be footing the bill.

i didn't buy an extended warranty on mine since it was new out of the crate but like several others have mentioned, i would have to think about the one year extension with this one being used...anything more than that is a waste of money that could be better spent on mods or tires in my opinion :beerchug:

yep, im still thinking. I got the bike 03/23/2012 and have one week to purchase warranty. I had a problem with it cranking once. It was acting as if the battery was dead. I lit it sit for a hour and it started right up. Turns out the bike does have a recall on the rectifier so i think getting that fixed will take care of that. i have put 100 miles or so on it and it runs flawless.

It would be nice to have a piece of mind though

Getting the one year sounds like sound advice. By then you will know if the previous owner rode it harder then the bike appears to be ridden.

I had the extra cash to get the 5year with mine and never needed it.

Thats my thought exactly. It would give me piece of mine with the bike. It rides great. Just has a recall on the rectifier

I brought my Busa new, here in the UK we get a two year warranty.

The sales man said I have to read you this, about a extended warranty, but if the bike going to go wrong it will usually do it, in the first year.
And any way the Busa is a really reliable bike.

So he recommended I didn't get one.

Thanks for the input :thumbsup:

I fell for the extended warranty and didn't bother reading the "fine print",turned out the few issues i attempted to use it for(the notorious Gen I 2nd gear problem,leaking fork seals,etc.)wouldn't be covered.Unless it's something determined to be at fault because of a manufacturer's defect and not "rider abuse"(as they put it)you'll be footing the bill.

I'm have them fax over the warranty details and limitations (fine print):banghead: for me so i can look it over

I buy them at half price and everytime they MORE than pay for themselves. So what does that mean, I'm eather lucky or I buy crappy bikes. :laugh:

Keep in mind that if you do purchase a year (or more) that warranties are almost ALWAYS negotiable on price. The salesman usually makes a commission from selling these warranties and I've seen them come down considerably when you keep saying no.

Keep in mind that if you do purchase a year (or more) that warranties are almost ALWAYS negotiable on price. The salesman usually makes a commission from selling these warranties and I've seen them come down considerably when you keep saying no.
Yeah this has been my experience also but it has been a littie different this time around. I brought the bike from a Yamaha dealer. They have been pretty up front through the whole process. The sales manager pretty much offered it to me. told me that they are not picky like other warrantys
He did not try to push the product on me at all. Just explained what all it covered and left it at that.

decisions, decisions:banghead:

Back