Dead Great Horned Owl(I believe anyway)

piratediverjefff

Registered
Found this dude on the frontage road by my house early Sat. morning(2nd one in a couple of months)and felt really sorry for him so brought him home to take a few pics.More than likely hit by one of the fools around here who have to fly down that road at night,not caring about all of the wildlife who cross it(picked up a coyote last month in pretty much the same spot).What a beautiful creature,sad to see it brought down by some moron in a hurry.Stretched out the wings just for the video(about a 4' wing span).

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful creature. Isn't that the same frontage road that you were making 200 mph passes on?:poke:

Beautiful creature. Isn't that the same frontage road that you were making 200 mph passes on?:poke:

Nope,140 is about it for a couple seconds with good view along both sides but it's heavily traveled during the day and have never seen any critters in the 5 years I've been on it(after dark when they all come out it's 40 mph with brights on:laugh:).

Beautiful bird . Sad to see it dead. Love the dive weights :-)
Yeah it is bro.
Couple of spare wts. I had lying around,usually wear 17 lbs. daily while working so I can stay positive(which is WAY positive in a 7mm suit w/5mm hooded vest @240 lbs.,my fat azz could wear 25 lbs. and still stay positive:laugh:).

Nope,140 is about it for a couple seconds with good view along both sides but it's heavily traveled during the day and have never seen any critters in the 5 years I've been on it(after dark when they all come out it's 40 mph with brights on:laugh:).

I know your not some stupid kid bro. Just thought I would give you a little s**t. Hope you didn't take offense.

wow very kool. is that protected bird there?

Pretty sure it is bro,old softy me attempted to dig a hole out back but the ground is so full of rocks and roots I couldn't get it done so had to wrap him in a towel/bag and put him in the can.Not a very fitting end for such a cool dude but didn't have a choice,bummed me right out.

Owls (and squirrels) are notorious for knocking out the power here.
I have several lineman friends. The owls land on the transformers, get cooked, and throw the cut-out.
They look like a Teradactyl smoking on top of the pole:laugh:

As for the coyotes, those bastids need to die.
Any time one of their dens is found here, they are full of dog and cat collars.
There's even a bounty on them in several of the local counties.
$45 a head in some places, and there's a lottery when you check them in certain counties.
I forget how much you can win.

We have one flying around here in Anaheim hills, we call him the Harry potter owl. He leaves us dead rabbit carcasses in our back yard. Jeff I better not see you wearing some weird Owl talon earring!!!!! LOL

Owls (and squirrels) are notorious for knocking out the power here.
I have several lineman friends. The owls land on the transformers, get cooked, and throw the cut-out.
They look like a Teradactyl smoking on top of the pole:laugh:

As for the coyotes, those bastids need to die.
Any time one of their dens is found here, they are full of dog and cat collars.
There's even a bounty on them in several of the local counties.
$45 a head in some places, and there's a lottery when you check them in certain counties.
I forget how much you can win.

Everything's just tryin' to make a livin'(we have too many little yappers in the neighborhood as it is,could use a few more coyotes:laugh:).

All the yappers here hide inside at night...I'de be fine with the coyotes eating them.

Try to pick up a live one next time, bring him home...yappers gone:laugh:

Back