Dead battery on a Bentley, no problem.

David Offor

Registered
Bentley T1, 2+ Tonne, with slightly binding brakes and dead battery, no problem, when you have a hayabusa and tow rope.

5EE70A03-4274-4983-BA73-B81EE9DA3C41.jpeg

So what's the plan David?
Tow it out in front of the shed and sort the brakes?
Or replace the clutch on the Busa first? :laugh:
More info please.

Lol, reminds me of a friend of mine that had 2 pitbulls that he would enter in pulling contests(I didn't know such a thing exhisted, harnessed like a horse to a carriage).
Ever seen a 60-70lb dog pull a 3k lb car..and up a slight grade!?
He trained his by having them pull his 280z about 30' on his paved driveway, talk about a workout(bastids were spoiled otherwise).

Bentely battery charging first, release Bentely handbrake ;), replace busa tyre, then clutch lol.
Ha!
You fell for the oldest trick in the book!! Release the handbrake FIRST lmao!
Nice old car ya got there, do you not use it much? I suppose it guzzles the gas lol

The handbrake on that thing is pretty ineffective, I hadn’t pulled it up much.
It took me 2.5 years to restore, I did all the welding, spraying, engine work, brakes, huge job, it just sits around and looks nice, I take it out every now and then, 14 to the gallon in the uk, on a 6.75 L V8, means expensive on fuel, so, it’s not my every day car lol.

The handbrake on that thing is pretty ineffective, I hadn’t pulled it up much.
It took me 2.5 years to restore, I did all the welding, spraying, engine work, brakes, huge job, it just sits around and looks nice, I take it out every now and then, 14 to the gallon in the uk, on a 6.75 L V8, means expensive on fuel, so, it’s not my every day car lol.
Take a look at this one here in NZ . . .
It's a $1 reserve auction, but look at the state of the thing!
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/us...88.htm?rsqid=77502755067c49ce93a16776873ce46e
Would you like to restore that one? Or is it a bit to late model for you? lol

I’ve got a trademe account, I’ve spent quite a bit of time in nz, in the South Island.
I was never keen on that model, looks like a ford Granada.
They are not worth much either and it will be a nightmare to restore.

Back