DDM HID Kits

BenWoj42

Registered
I just recieved my kit last week and im having trouble installing the Low-beam light. For some reason my collor on the light doesn't fit in in the rubber grommet (to small) can someone post a pic of your recent(withing a month) H7 light you just recieved from them so I can make sure they sent me the right one?

It might be easier for you to post a pic of the one you got and everyone might be able to give you ideas on how to fix if possible.

Just did mine 3 days ago using Blanca's and Warbird's directions/posts and it was quite straight forward and absolutely seamless, No hitches what so ever. Take a look at it and compare your bulb to what is posted in the pictures. Did you trim the tabs? The rubber grommet (cover), which is more like a boot, goes on after the bulb is secured in the housing and clipped down.

Read Blanca's thread completely it will throroughly explain with pics how to install.

Read Blanca's thread completely it will throroughly explain with pics how to install.

Did that already and also contacted Blanca himself. My light does differ to what he recieved. Wasn't sure if they changed the plastics on the lights to something difference recently which is why I was wondering what everyone else was getting.

I'll get pics in a sec.

This is what they sent me as the H7.
Sorry for the size.
DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0661.jpg

Last edited:
In looking at the last pic you just posted it looks like it has a collar on it ?
With that left on bulb will it not fit inside grommets creating a watertight fit ?
Maybe with some silicone you can seal it to the larger rubber grommet ?

If not then like I said in PM call DDM and while on phone email them link to my thread as well as pics of what they sent you . Once they confirm on phone with you they got your email give them time to study both and help you .
They do seem to change things from time to time cuz my ballasts were diff than ones WarbirdII got and both of our ballasts were diff from what Skydivr received ?

hey make sure its a H7 when they sent mine the one that said H9 was the H7 and the H7 was the h9, I think thats a H9 and it fits in the highbeam. Im not 100% sure but looks like it.

Yes the bulbs ARE different between hi and low...everything else is same...

Go to this thread

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/124304-gen2-hid-install-7.html

look at post # 95 carefully. Compare. Is this the high or low beam bulb?

From what I remember, the one that does NOT require modifying the collar was the high beam. It has that tab on it as shown in your pic and only goes in ONE WAY, but once I did that it sealed right up without issue....

Thanks for that post. Im even more confused now though. My Low-beam H7 looks just like that. They may have messed up with the stickers and stuck them on the wrong plastics, i'll have to check. I believe my highbeam HID looked just like the highbeam stock light so i put it in there. I'll have to check today and make sure. I'll come back with more pics later today after work.

Thanks Skydivr

i had the exact same problem when installing mine about a month ago. Lowbeam H7 looked exactly like yours. Confirmed it was an h7 bulb and called ddm about it just to make sure i had the right bulb. What i ended up doing was using the little blue spool from teflon tape, trimming it a bit, and installing it over the bulb with the spring retainer applying pressure to the spool. Kind of a hack job, but it's holding the bulb in there good and hasn't budged in about 1k miles of riding. Just read last night on the forums that a member had same problem, called ddm and they forgot to ship a spacer for the bulb (which i think is what we're missing). I called ddm yesterday and the guy said he has never seen a motorcycle need a spacer for the bulb, but is shipping me one anyway

Thanks for that post. Im even more confused now though. My Low-beam H7 looks just like that. They may have messed up with the stickers and stuck them on the wrong plastics, i'll have to check. I believe my highbeam HID looked just like the highbeam stock light so i put it in there. I'll have to check today and make sure. I'll come back with more pics later today after work.

Thanks Skydivr

Then It might be the lowbeam instead of the high (sorry without looking I get confused.

Either way, when you look at the OEM bulb that you remove, it's pretty clear which replacment bulb fits into which socket (all the other stuff in the kits are identical). One socket uses the retaining spring, and that one I know the tab on the bulb only goes in ONE WAY. The other socket has that funny collar that has to be ground down a little. I do think DDM has been changing parts - mine were different slightly than Blanca's. Either way I'm sure you'll figure it out and you will really like the noticeable difference.

i had the exact same problem when installing mine about a month ago. Lowbeam H7 looked exactly like yours. Confirmed it was an h7 bulb and called ddm about it just to make sure i had the right bulb. What i ended up doing was using the little blue spool from teflon tape, trimming it a bit, and installing it over the bulb with the spring retainer applying pressure to the spool. Kind of a hack job, but it's holding the bulb in there good and hasn't budged in about 1k miles of riding. Just read last night on the forums that a member had same problem, called ddm and they forgot to ship a spacer for the bulb (which i think is what we're missing). I called ddm yesterday and the guy said he has never seen a motorcycle need a spacer for the bulb, but is shipping me one anyway

Im getting the feeling that some of the people at ddm dont know what they are doing. Had trouble with them when ordering it as well.

Here are the pics of the High-beam

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0664.jpg

Have to agree with Blanca busa and skydiver! DDM tuning has changed many of there ballast/resistor they use. I have done a lot of DDM tuning HIDS installs lately. My busa ballasts are different then my 09 1ks. I did my girls bike with a DDM tuning kit. Hers was a 35 watt single kit 9004 low/high beam bulb. Ballast was like skydivers design. I also did a 09 cbr1k with 55watt hids and it looked like Skydivers HIDS too, just larger. Wow them suckers are very bright... Noticable over the 35 watt kit, but in my opinion almost too much.... But I dont remember having any issues with my installing the HID bulbs. I dont remember shimming my too.... Hmmm !

My high beam just went in like the stock one. I also remember my low beam fitting like stock too! Put it in the socket and the spring clip held it in place! I have to agree with you that DDM tuning's customer service is poor. 20 minutes on hold to ask what was going on with my G/f's HID order. Waited 6 weeks to get her kit.... because they had to wait for the bulbs before my order was shipped! It would of been nice if they sent an email indicating a delay... after I called and was on hold, and then got my answer.... Then I got that email that night....:cussing:

My high beam just went in like the stock one. I also remember my low beam fitting like stock too! Put it in the socket and the spring clip held it in place! I have to agree with you that DDM tuning's customer service is poor. 20 minutes on hold to ask what was going on with my G/f's HID order. Waited 6 weeks to get her kit.... because they had to wait for the bulbs before my order was shipped! It would of been nice if they sent an email indicating a delay... after I called and was on hold, and then got my answer.... Then I got that email that night....:cussing:

haha, yeah its getting frustrating, but i guess thats life. Im going to call them again tomorrow and see if I can get that addapter. I remember reading about it on the H7 install, but thought nothing of it when reading it. Now if only their website will load for me. :poke:

Back