DC Metro Riders - General Thread for DC, MD, VA, DE, PA

Yea...I held off on the Saturday am trip I had planned on taking...was thinking of holding off until Sunday...couple friends of mine went and said the show overall was a good time but a bit of a disappointment...so I stayed home and watched the Baltimore Ravens beat the Titans for a ticket to the AFC championship game...:thumbsup::thumbsup::beerchug::beerchug:

Well, congrats on your win, but I must say that I think the Ravens will meet more than their match in Pittsburgh. :evil:

Best of luck...to Pittsburgh!

PS: I'm a Raiders fan that still holds a grudge against the Ravens for Siragusa taking Gannon out with a dirty play to the ground. :beerchug:

Ended up going Sunday about 11 with my son. Sorry I missed you folks, but there will be better opportunities when it gets warm outside.

Haven't been to one of these shows in 6 years and, to be honest, nothing has changed at all except the bikes on the floor. A couple good bargains, but nothing you can't do as well online.

In a lot of ways, this show is just like getting to see a dealer for each and every brand (except BMW! unless I missed it). Unlike a dealer, you can sit on just about any bike you want. Like the Ducati 1098 with a claimed 180 hp and only 364 lbs. Yep, that should run with a Busa, and certainly out-handle it in the twisties. But then I could buy two Busas for the price of one Ducati, and the Suzook is practically zero-maintenance compared to any Ducati.

Sat on just about everything interesting, like the Buell 1125 - whoa - that would be a serious hooligan machine and a pretty good bargain compared to the Ducati above. The Kawi 600 has a redline of 18,000 rpm. Holy cripes!

And of course the new Busas. Saw a lot of other great bikes, but really liked the new Busa. Had never noticed the flowing lines in thenew tail hump - they really show in the silver model. Had a couple other nice details that had passed me before. :beerchug:

- Cheers, AJ

At least ya made it out for the show. Your kid probably had a blast. Like ya said, better opportunities will arise once it gets warmer. :thumbsup:

Well, congrats on your win, but I must say that I think the Ravens will meet more than their match in Pittsburgh. :evil:

PS: I'm a Raiders fan that still holds a grudge against the Ravens for Siragusa taking Gannon out with a dirty play to the ground. :beerchug:

:laugh: Yea, alot out there feeling the same way...thats why they strap up and play the game...gonna be a great game

As far as the grudge...no worries...if I were a Raider fan I would hold a grudge as well :poke: seriously though...Al Davis :wtf:

:laugh: Yea, alot out there feeling the same way...thats why they strap up and play the game...gonna be a great game

As far as the grudge...no worries...if I were a Raider fan I would hold a grudge as well :poke: seriously though...Al Davis :wtf:

Yeah, Al is the biggest problem we have right now, and probably for years to come. If it's up to me, he's gone the second he moved the team to LA years ago. Of course, it ain't up to me. :(

is anyone attending the timonium show?

I am sure it will be the same show as last year but I normally attend on Saturday (weather permitting)

might go friday and see the peeps.

06-Feb-2009 - 08-Feb-2009 (Friday - Sunday)

Timonium Mid Atlantic Motorcycle Show (# 9460)
Every foreign and domestic motorcycle manufacturer available in USA on display...huge custom and antique bike show...100's of exhibits covering everything in motorcycling. Attendees will also be able to meet nationally known bike builders along side their latest creations, featured on Discovery Channel's 'Biker Build-Off' and American Chopper Series, like Vinnie and Cody of Orange County Choppers fame. They will be showing their one-off custom builds from their new commercial venture, V-Force Customs. Plus a special Friday meet and greet with Playboy model, TV and movie actress "Coco" and her husband "Ice-T", starring weekly on NBC's 'Law and Order Special Victims Unit' TV drama series. Maryland State Fairgrounds - Timonium, Maryland - Opens 10am each day, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, February 6-8, 2009. Admission for Adults: $15.00, Children 10-15 years $5.00 and under 10 are free with paying adult. Go to our site to print-out $5.00 off admission discount coupons, good on adult admission only.

Timonium Mid-Atlantic Bike Show Thread

Figured creating a seperate thread for specific events will allow this thread to remain a bit cleaner as more of a "notification" thread with links to thread for specific events. If you're interested in the Timonium show, post up in the following thread. Hope to see y'all there! :beerchug:

Timonium Mid-Atlantic Bike Show Thread

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's whats up! I am tryin to roll with a crew of Busa Riders to make our presence felt in Baltimore-DC Area. Hyabusas are the flagship motorcycle with the most "street cred" & I'm ready to represent the official way. I look forward to future posts. Ya'll stay up.

Helmet & Bike Combo.jpg

bump!

errr what is the law on Side way plates in Maryland?

legal? illegal? who cares?

Don't know for sure, but there's nothing mentioned on the AMA site for MD laws: Maryland state motorcycle laws

My :twocents:, I would stick with standard mounting orientation to ensure that you're in compliance everywhere. Wouldn't wanna wind up with trouble b/c you traveled to a state with a different view on the law than you're home state.

Best of luck!

I believe its horizontal and center with bike. BUT I had a swingarm vetical plate mounted on the end of the swingarm for 6 mo and not issues...MY current location is even more hidden now than that was.

Back