DC area hit by two blizzards in less then 60 days! Unreal!

Takeuon

Registered
I grew up and lived in that area for 15yrs and can not remember anything like this.
Meteorologists said the one that hit back in the 3rd week of December '09 dumped the most amount of snow in history. Now another one less then 60 later! Wow is all I can say. The poor kids will be in school until August making up days at this rate. :unhappy:

Post Now - Breaking news in the D.C. area.

Some pics I pulled off the net:

04ccf662-0acf-4fdd-8cb9-a9217fcf94b2_Large.jpg

hp2-5-10sc31.jpg

c400ab23-4f65-4a42-a5ef-30454443035a_Large.jpg

hp2-5-10sc41.jpg

0f405162-0271-4e60-ab28-43acaa6cd6bc_Large.jpg

24dc43d6-2128-43de-98da-af723c4807ec_Large.jpg

I took these pics this morning. So far, we have 2 ft. here in Germantown and it's still going to snow all day.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Here's one.
4334733108_276d98df87_b.jpg

Our van
4334731852_64b9362a13_b.jpg

Red Honda Civic parked across the street. Can you see it? I'm sure you can see the wiper blades and the side mirror.
4333988055_e60525de30_b.jpg

Ahhh, I miss the snow days in DC!!!! ;) Not! First flake and 95 gets jammed all the way from Springfield, VA to Woodbridge, VA for no apparant reason other than it was snowing a little. :laugh: Hang in there guys!!! Spring is coming, I think! :whistle:

Ahhh, I miss the snow days in DC!!!! ;) Not! First flake and 95 gets jammed all the way from Springfield, VA to Woodbridge, VA for no apparant reason other than it was snowing a little. :laugh: Hang in there guys!!! Spring is coming, I think! :whistle:

Ha! I hear ya there!

Now that section of I-95 gets jammed at the 1st drop of rain!.....ummm wait....no, it's just jammed in general ALL THE TIME :banghead:
I literally have to plan any trip I take from NC up to that area around very specific times based on that section of highway. SAD

damnit, DC stole our snow. that could've been on our mountain, here. whole town shuts down to ski when it snows like that.

Those are some crazy pics and amounts of snow. You guys be safe that are in the area!

It's funny how differently people handle snow. I saw the news reports where stores were literally emptied out the day before they knew it was coming....like it was a hurricane or something. :laugh: Around here it's shrugged off and life goes on as normal, everyone is still expected to go to work where I work - as my boss says, it takes an act of God for us to shut down and 2 feet of snow doesn't fall under that category. We could send some of our plows that way to help out. :poke:

Look on the bright side all of you living in that area - your fresh snow will be melted far quicker than the 3-4 remaining inches we have here. Looks like high 30's and 40's are in the 10 day forecast for you lucky folks...teens and low 20's is what we're getting dealt. I can't WAIT for retirement and a 1000 mile southern transplant. :thumbsup:

Wow thats alot of snow.
I saw it do that a couple times in Stamford when I lived there.
Dont miss it.

The pic of the folks in the grocery store reminds me of anytime you hear the word Hurricane in Florida. 1 hour Winn Dixie is EMPTY !
I'm not looking forward to this yrs Hurricane season with all the extreme weather around.

The pic of the Civic where you can see the mirror sticking out is insane !
Better hope for some sun to melt that stuff , Geesh !

Can I leave you with a beach pic to warm your day ?
CheeeeeSe...:laugh:

P1040659.jpg

yeah i know...wondering that myself bro...and how am i gonna get my trailer out to go get it next weekend since were expecting another blast thursday bro...???

Just got done shoveling. 28 inches total here in Germantown. Here you go.
4334854623_92a48119c9_b.jpg

Top of our van
4334857245_ff9efc757f_b.jpg

Our deck after I shoveled part of it
4334852081_396215866c_b.jpg

DozerDriver- Umm, your back? You company doesent have a Loan-A-Dozer program?
You would make a killing doing the roads, just think, snow plows have to go around cars and then have a tow truck come move them, you could do it all in one swoop:laugh:

Back