DB Wind Screen

NC2007BUSA

Registered
OK, so I've decided that for my riding style and height a Double Bouble wind screen will be my next mod. I have already spent quite a bit and want to do this on the cheap.

Have any of you guys used the PIT-ECK DB Smoke #06? I would like to hear from someone who knows the product.

i have never heard of that one but i can tell you from my own experience and from a lot of friends i have ridden with that if you want a no-hassle, no vibration windscreen, go with a Puig...just my $.02
beerchug.gif

Pit-Eck is a slightly sketchy company.. especially as far as fitament, finish, and customer service, but they're priced low, so it might be worth a try.. post back with pics and let us know! I haven't actually heard of problems with their screens.. just their body work.

Puig at competition accessories -- $74.99 plus free shipping for orders $100+

The WS isn't a real expensive thing as is. I am happy I went Puig.

Waiting to hear any feedback on the: "Sport touring model" aswell.

I was looking at it last night after riding 400 miles on Sunday and getting beatin like a ragdoll by the wind after 8 hrs.

Indysuperbikes.com has Puig ZR race and racing screens both are double bubble. The ZR is their newest model and they are $67.:cheerleader:

Re: zero gravity

any feed back on the zero gravity screens. they have a sport touring model.

I've had a Zero Gravity on my 01 since new. Never any issues. Fitment is good. Clarity is good. Heck,.....the only time I've ever really needed it is when I'm above 140 mph anyway. The only thing that I've disliked is the fact that the edges are not beaded (or bulged) to give a stock appearance. The Puig has a stock appearance. If I ever change it,........I'll try something different. Good luck with your choice!!

Here's the clear Puig Racing Screen. I like how it's black at the bottom, but clear where it counts. This picture makes it look smoked, but it is clear. The kanji is also a nice touch from the factory. It's a very tight fit and never vibrates. When I say tight fit, I mean I had to bend it so much that I thought it might break when I put it in. It worked out great though. I've heard people complain about having to bend them, but that's probably what keeps it from vibrating more than anything else. Money well spent.

PUIG3693.jpg

Last edited:

I ordered the ZG sport touring version from Street & Track (courtesy of my Stampede Gift Cert!) since I tore up my ZG-DB when I wrecked... The bike is due back from "cosmetic surgery" any day now so I'll let y'all know my impression of it once I get to riding again. I'm hoping the weather cooperates!

I liked the DB but I was curious to try the touring version so I decided to take a chance on it.

I have used the ZG Touring shield all this year. It does a better job than stock or even the Suzuki "Touring" one. It's not the end all end though. If you're expecting a windfree ride on your Busa I don't think any shield will accomplish that. Wardie

I bought a DBl bubble last week on Ebay new from Hong kong .99 cents + 24.90 shipping.. I got it in a weeks time and took 10 minutes to install...Work great looks great.....

i don't know what mine is but it works good was on the bike when i purchaced it. it rattles a bit but nothing a little tape can't fix eventually. heres a picture the day i bought the bike.
newbusa1.jpg

I've been considering this upgrade for months. Not as many mainstream Vendors make for our bike/model featuring a DB.

Anyone try LockHart Phillips?

I had the Zero Gravity double bubble. It was good. Then I got the Puig and it was better. Sturdier, comes in various colors, and the finish is more polished. They both are good but the Puig is just better overall. The Puig looks like it was made to be for the Busa in the strength of the screen and the design.

Back