Daytona's Biketoberfest '05

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
With hurricane wilma hot on my tail I threw caution to the wind (literally) and opted to RIDE my busa the 160+ miles north to my buds ZRX Ranch located in Holly Hill...

BF1.jpg

where a handful of my old but loyally brave ZRX buds soon arrived....

BF2.jpg

we partied late into friday night and the following saturday we hit up a small but free stunt show with free jams, burgers, dogs and soda at bankstons kawasaki...

BF3.jpg

BF4.jpg

a friend and I (Ted383) decided to hit Millers Ale House for lunch and arrived at our steeds to find not one but two of daytona's finest sharing the adjacent parking space...can you say..."No Ociffer...I didn't have any of the 32 varieties of tapped draft beer they offer!"..?  
tounge.gif

BF5.jpg

and of course our gracious host at the ZRX Ranch is one he11 of a Lawson Fan...

BF6.jpg

who had all visitors "Sign The Board"
biggrin.gif

BF7.jpg

and plays a mean game of foosball!!!

BF8.jpg

The ups?...we could go just about anywhere we wanted unimpeded by gridlocked bikes...including the ironhorse.

The downs?...there was only about 1/3rd of the bikes I'm used to seeing at biketoberfest and ZZ Top cancelled their 9:00pm sat. night $10 concert at the new HD shop in ormond beach.

The big ups?...I got to see, ride, party and bar-b-que with some old great riding buds annnnd...even found time to stop by "The Helmet Shop" in daytona and buy a new lid...my matching shoei RF-900 silver/graphite hayabusa helmet sure looks pretty but sux as far as a helmet goes...it whistled like I was wearing a birdcage on my head and is too "straight cut" to clear the neck roll on my kobe leather jacket...so...unbelievably?...at age 47?...I recently fell in love with an ultra-sexy anime character known as Doctor Nikki Sloan...and bought a new Scorpion EXO 700 "FURY" in silver...

EXO1.jpg

EXO2.jpg

and gents?...I LOVE this new lid!!!
biggrin.gif
...the visor system is incredible as are the ventilation and wicking features of the removable and machine washable liners...for $199!!!
tounge.gif
and all this is coming from a guy who is used to wearing $400-$500 Shoei's and Arai's...the Scorpion EXO 700 is das shid...especially at that price point.

Upshot/Closing...I left daytona 4:30pm sunday afternoon...then pulled into a gas station in Yeehaw Junction where a FHP officer asked me where I was coming from and where I'm headed too...told him I'm on my way home to Port Saint Lucie from Biketoberfest to board up for the hurricane and get this...as I'm pumping fuel into my busa with lightening strikes in the background to the north of me as I'm headed south?...he tells me.."Well you better Haul @$$!!!"...I figured...no shid sherlock...then I get home and there's 5 messages on my home phone and 4 voice mails on my cell...my wife and daughters were at my parents house and saw the news where two tornado's came through yeehaw junction about the same time I did...and suddenly what the FHP officer told me finally made sense!!!  
tounge.gif

sorry for the long and late post...went a whole week without power after hurricane wilma and just got juice and cable yesterday.

Ride Safe and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130901220 -->

biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Back