daytona bike weeks 09.. u goin

we went to biketoberfest in october and had a blast. i liked the hotel that we stayed at but i don't think i can afford to go to bike week this year. darn economy. i recommend perry's ocean edge resort if you can afford it.

The "Anti Biker" thing in FL has me put off of ever riding there...

The "Anti Biker" thing in FL has me put off of ever riding there...

I live in Daytona. we all worried when Oct 1 hit. After talking to alot fo the cops around here that we are friends with, it is really to cut down on the ass hattery... It doesn;t change hwo we ride, as we did not ride that way anyway... although it is tough to say most folks won't run when doing 50 over, becuase at that point, there is not much to lose in alot of peoples eyes...

In reality, its not like you can wheelie during bike week anyway, as you spend alot of time walking your bike.

well i live here so yeah hopefully i just wont jack myself 2 tickets in under my first 15 minutes of driving

Not going anymore to bike week never rode like an ass hat before have never gotten a ticket on any of my bikes, but large gathering like that usually means harassment and selective enforcement. I 'll pass on all gatherings in my home state. Bike trailer almost ready for Indy or a Busa bash though :laugh::laugh: At least these new laws have motivated me to travel and spend my money in other states.:thumbsup:

Been before and Biketoberfest a few times. Used to be fun but got old quick. So many people you can't ride you can barely go fast enough to take your feet off the ground. 99% of people riding are riding like squids with no gear on. I could go on and on.

The one thing I will miss is seeing the unique Ideas people have when customizing their bikes.

my :2cents: ive been 3 years in a row, never had problem. dont get me being a as#hole will give you a ticket. but why be a as#, when there is so much just waiting for you to grab up & easy to hook up. play your game right and it will b all good. beside florida is big and no helmet law. we usually ride florida during the day. meet chicks on the highway and get back early to chill the strip with them, then hit the bars. then take her home in the morning.. :thumbsup:

Daytona is close for me so I go. Note; If your driving down -I95 South can have a lot of drama on it between J'ville and Daytona. There are areas going out of Jax that are called "Enhanced Penalty Zones" and the speed is reduced and monitored there. Also I've seen apparent highway workers using transits on tripods-that were not transits or real highway workers. And there has been some terrible bike accidents on 95 related to bike week also.
Regarding Daytona bike traffic, usually the stunters in traffic are right along International Speedway Blvd (92), in front of Daytona International Speedway-the race track area. I've sat many times in the Taco Bell accross the street and watched it all. The cops are going to have "muy grande" revenus this year with the new bike laws...

Last edited:
Too far for me and with the crack down it sounds like it could be a real buzz kill. I'll wait and read about it here.

When I first went in 2000 it was great fun. In 01 it was ok but not like the year before. I went back in 03 and hated it to no end.

If I do go back, I will stay at a friends in Kissimmee. Maybee commute to Daytona a couple of days. Although I dought I will be able to make it this year.

I have been hearing that the Orlando seen has been getting to be alot better for the sportbike crowd the Daytona.

Back