Daytona 200 ?

ESPN2? We are talking with ESPN2 about putting a camera on our bike for the 200 on Sunday. This would be cool.

We qualified 11th on Thursday for the 750ss race, Friday's morning practice session put us in 4th best time, we finished the race on Friday in 10th after a turn one screw-up (dropped us from 8th to 22nd and he made it back to 10th).

JeffW
Will be watching for you Sunday! I did not get to make Daytona this year. Have plans for later this summer. Good luck on Sunday.

JeffW
I haven't been to bike week in 2 years now, but the death toll for '97 was 2 if I remember right. Anyway it was not as high as this year. There was one just about a block above the house. Do you know where the sign "Wilbur by the Sea" is? .....down toward the light house. It was about 3 streets down from there. The traffic was detoured one night when I came in. I was later told a car got the guy. With that many bikes that is a small percentage, but it is still too high. Be careful!

I watched the MotoAmerica Bagger race there on TV. Indian Challengers vs Harley Road Glides. What a crack up! Even with tricked out brakes and suspensions, the way they wobble under braking and during acceleration must be a real handful. Drafting played a huge part with them too, all the way to the checker, three places changed place with the 1st place bike finishing 3rd. I wish MotoGP would return to LaGuna Seca and give Daytona with those banked sections a try.

Back