David Jefferies

BEEN WATCHING ISLE OF MAN TT ON SPEED VISION,DID NOT COME UP ON COMMENTARY OR I MISSED IT
JOEY DUNLOP AND NOW DAVID JEFFRIES,I DONT KNOW MAN

Just goes to show you that even the most talented riders can make mistakes when pushing things to the limit, I hate to see that, but it's a choice we all make when we ride.
Not that I don't have feelings, but racers know the risk when they hit the track, What I realy feel bad about, is when a inoccent rider gets mowed down by a car, no one makes that choice, and those are the accedents that hit me inside.

I am so sorry, I just made a post about my first time going 175 and then I see this. I feel pretty stupid now. Sorry for the loss.

Paul

It is always a shock to hear this type of loss. It is close to us all.

You won't hear about crashes and casualties on Speed Vision. They never talk about bad crashes. Two years ago at Laguna, Yanagawa was clipped going into the corkscrew and flew into the wall. Rumors had it that he was dead, but it turned out he just lost a mouthful of teeth. Speed never mentioned he went down in their race coverage later that day. No mention at all of a rider that got airlifted out of the track while they restarted the race. I guess they don't want to provide any negative aspects of the sport to viewers.

I do respect SPEED for not showing fatalities or near ones. Humanly, it's just not healthy for us to SEE it live just cus we can. Would we really need to watch a crash and then go "Wow. I just SAW someone die." Evening News is bad enough. I recommend never watching news again. I don't.

Sounds like a talented guy. I'm sure his passion and expertise will be missed!

1972 to...

DJ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Isle of Man TT is has a lot of history and the ride through the streets is insane. I think therein lies the problem the race is on old neighborhood streets and through old roads in the countryside. Unlike the race track, there is too many obstacles & hazards, rock walls, trees ... these guys get airborne all the time there. Nuts!

DJ was a great and modest guy and very highly regarded in UK and around the world..he will be sadly missed amongst the whole biking fraternity..he came from a top racing family.
I bought one of my first bikes from his dads shop in Saltair in Shipley Westyorkshire in the UK 30 years ago.
I belive bike engine blew ahead of him and dropped oil on road.
God bless you David and your family.
Barry from Leeds

Oh No..oil on the road...Like Kenny Roberts once said "Quote"
No diesels should be on a bike track..meaning four strokes..
with 3 to 4 quarts of oil...Bad combo..gotta be lucky..
R.I.P. DJ..The man had incredible speed.....Died and it was not his fault..
sad.gif

RIP I was watching the race today and had no idea that this happened.

Back