Daughter's 100th day project - write a soldier

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
My 7yr old's school does a 100th day project each year. This year she suggested that the school write valentines cards to soldiers deployed around the world. The school liked her idea and today she presented the idea to the entire k-6 school :thumbsup:

My question, whats the best way to get the letters to the troops? I know there's a few sites but not sure the best way to accomplish it. Its only probably 90-100 cards (small school) so perhaps finding a specific group would be better? Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks in advance :beerchug:

My 7yr old's school does a 100th day project each year. This year she suggested that the school write valentines cards to soldiers deployed around the world. The school liked her idea and today she presented the idea to the entire k-6 school :thumbsup:

My question, whats the best way to get the letters to the troops? I know there's a few sites but not sure the best way to accomplish it. Its only probably 90-100 cards (small school) so perhaps finding a specific group would be better? Anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks in advance :beerchug:

If it is Marine Corps you choose to do this for you will want to get in contact with MCCS, Marine Corps Community Services.

USO supports all branches and Im sure could deliver letters

Brian,
Have her look at anysoldier.com; it is a websight where you can request addresses for deployed servicemen. It is primarilly used to determine what groups need what sort of items (for care package type donations) but letters are just as well... there are also links on that website for specific pages for each of the services...

I have a couple of addresses of friends of mine who are Seabees who are currently deployed... thats how I sent them when the school collected things at Christmas and Easter last year.

Your daughter is awsome. I know when I was there, things like that made such a difference. It's always nice to see people care.

If you want to, and this is up to you. My unit is under that size, I can tell you more in a PM or phone call. I dont want to put it all up on here though. We are currently in Iraq, Navy, Seabees.

If you want to, and this is up to you. My unit is under that size, I can tell you more in a PM or phone call. I dont want to put it all up on here though. We are currently in Iraq, Navy, Seabees.

Please do PM me, sounds like a match :thumbsup: There will be at least 100 as its the 100 day project :beerchug:

Also as a nice return gift, I have something extra special I will do from here for her. I would need her full name, and I can send it to you or her school to present to her either or let me know in a pm. I think this is cool, very cool of her to think of it on her own.

Every soldier's heart melts when a little kid sends them a thank you card. What a great idea and you have no idea what it means to some of our young servicemen and women.

What a great thing they are doing Brian. I know when I was in Viet Nam, getting mail of any kind was special. Great idea to send it to the sea bees!:whistle:

awwwwwwwww such a great idea :) we do appreciate every letter. i still have one from 2003 and the one i got for xmas 2010 will also be saved :)

Back