Date someone who does not ride??

What is everyone's thoughts on dating someone who does not share your passion for riding??

Reason for inqury.... Planned a date with a guy who doesnt ride... on bike night cause my bike was acting up. Now my people are checking it out for me cause they want me to ride tonight. Problem...bike might be fixed now and I want to ride to bike night with my people (who worked on the bike)...so I told homie that I will be riding tonight and if he wants to spend time with me he needs to meet me at the location. LOL.

I started thinking that might not be the correct response?? LOL. Ideas? Opinions?

Given the choice would you date someone who isnt into riding or into bikes??

I figure this should be an entertaining topic for the thread for all of us...hehe

Well Mom........it all depends on what you would rather have between your legs......1300cc or.....ummmm.....the other choice ! In Tony,s case it may be 1300CC too !

Last edited:
personally I think any girl that rides a bike kicks azz, I think he will understand, and if he doesn't then oh well, its not a deal breaker is it? just different preferences:beerchug:

JUST BUY HIM A BUSA AND YOUR HOOK FOR LIFE :laugh:

True....I am starting to like the Gen II now that I have to see them all the time on the oRg. I can get a new one for me and let him ride the other one. Haha. I do want a gsxr though so I can learn the twisties and maybe do some track stuff.

The bike night can wait if you want to get to know this person. If you are that conflicted then leave him be.

The bike night can wait if you want to get to know this person. If you are that conflicted then leave him be.

I think I have him convenced to come out and meet me at bike night. We will see... He works late tonight anyways so I may be able to fit both in.

Was the date supposed to include bike night?

ummm. No, but the date was agreed to only if my bike was still not running. So now the bike is running I have to choose.

Which is why I was curious to hear what everyone thought about the subject.

I am not just standing him up because its bike night...haha. Well maybe I am? I dunno

How would you feel if it was the other way around... say his #1 passion was hot rods and you knew nothing about them... he planned to go out with you and last min he calls and says hes going to a car show with all his friends and if you want you can show up and hang out ?

Im not saying your wrong but most people in life feel a bit intimidated by groups of people surrounding the person they like at first.... so if you really like this guy Id suggest setting up a normal date like dinner to get to know each other a little better then just throwing him to the dogs at a bike night where he will feel completely out of place and you will feel perfectly at home... just my 2 cents... I would never give up riding for a girl but in the same sentence I would never expect a girl I just met to meet me out when Im surrounded by all my friends and she didnt share my passion.... best of luck

Back