Date someone who does not ride??

I love my wife very much I wouldn't want to think of living without her. She has no intrest in bikes exept that they make me happy or at least serve as a needed distraction.It is important to have different experences to share. It dose not have to be bikes but I don't think you have to be joined at the hip to have a healthy relationship. After 20 years or 2 months I would run out of things to talk about. In no way am I saying that rideing is more inportant. If the bike became a problem I would get rid of the bike not the wife. I am just saying it is ok to be different isn't that why you love them in the first place? ps hope he's a great guy and all works out .

Well, said~!~

The wife and I do pretty much every thing together, including ride (until this year). She has had her own bike but enjoys riding with me even more.

Since she has not been riding this year she has been very supportive of me going out on rides (don't do many night rides though). There again, if it were to become a problem...the wife would come first.

I don't know that I would do that so early in a dating relationship though. If I were just starting to date someone, I think the riding would still rule at least until it bacame serious, then obviously you have someone else to think about and make happy and some decisions/compromises might be in order.

IMO the prior post was right about not slamming him into a bunch of hungry male riders. He would probably not look at bike night any better after seeing how some of this generation acts around women, especially if you have dated any of them in the past. Let him get a feel for the lifestyle and go from there.

I can see this going either way, and no matter how many opinions you get on here............hope things work out.

You know, this subject can be pretty complicated...in a perfect world, you both should be able to have interests outside of what you both share in life, but I have found that the reality isn't always that case...

I think it's easier to find someone that shares your hobbies and passions...maybe not all of them, but you know, the more you two have in common, the less you'll fight over the stuff he's not doing with you or that you're not doing with him...

Having said that, there's something to be said for doing your own thing and having time apart...it's a balance I have yet to experience :laugh: Let me know how it works out for you!! :)

Good luck...

Thanks! I will keep you all informed! Haha

Ummm what says I am 99? I am 32 and he is 25.....hehehe:cheerleader:

OK well that is your first mistake.

I think it is easier for guys because a girl can hop on the back. Not so much with a guy.

For me BP was not into bikes but open minded about it and finally decided that it would be cool to learn, it has been bliss ever since. When she was not into it I would go off and ride no problem but I was serious about wanting a good relationship with her so I tried not to neglect her. It is all about give and take.

My feeling is that if you are not willing to give up a bike night to go on a date you are probably not that into the guy anyhow.

My wife doesn't ride; we've been married for 27 years. She's cool with my riding so different outlooks can coexist it seems.

My feeling is that if you are not willing to give up a bike night to go on a date you are probably not that into the guy anyhow.

Only known him a week...so no I am not THAT into him yet...that part takes time for me. He seems pretty chill and laid back. I met him thru a girlfriend that rides with me and her husband doesnt ride either.

I dont really see it being an issue but I was just curious as to everyone elses opinion.

i'd say stick to these words..

"I got tired of dating so I bought a Busa instead. I highly recommend it"

and

"My Daughter, My Busa...in that order I swear! LOL"

Maybe he's read your signature, It may be a little intimidating!!!:laugh:

Put 1300cc's between every woman's legs and the human race may be in trouble...

Only known him a week...so no I am not THAT into him yet...that part takes time for me. He seems pretty chill and laid back. I met him thru a girlfriend that rides with me and her husband doesnt ride either.

I dont really see it being an issue but I was just curious as to everyone elses opinion.

It is only an issue if one of you makes it an issue.

on the bright side of dating a non rider...it makes it easier to get away for "me time" plus you don't have to worry bout 'em taking your bike:whistle:

on the bright side of dating a non rider...it makes it easier to get away for "me time" plus you don't have to worry bout 'em taking your bike:whistle:

I agree. I kinda like being able to openly flirt with all the hotties at the track and at bike nights. hahaha

Its hard enough to find someone that is date worthy let alone someone that rides, I found the perfect girl, rides/ motorcycle license but she is still hung up on her ex/on/off bf... so yes of course I would date someone that dosnt ride!

Back