dash gauge and light replacement

undrcontrl

Registered
Hey guys, short time lurker and first time posting.

I picked up a '12 last year and have been riding semi-frequently. Blind as a bat so while I can see everything around me (cars, people, lights, etc) I cannot see the dash very well, especially at night. In fact, at night I have to guess my speed as I cannot read the stock red backlight on black dash (without glasses or contacts in). I have attempted to do a bunch of searching for dash replacements, digital conversions, etc. but found that all I really want to do is replace the stock backlight and faces of the gauges with a more high contrast face.
All the sites I have been following are either generic places ie: JC Whitney, or are custom shops that appear to no longer be around, even though their websites are still up. Most don't even have bike listings beyond around 2k7 (Gen 1).

Can anyone point me in the direct of a reputable source for replacement dash faces and/or light swaps?

Apologies as I am sure this has probably been asked a dozen times but my searching has not brought much up here as well, except for the links that led me to the old sites.

Some on this forum have recommended Welcome to Bluegauges.com. I've no experience with this vendor, and their website is under performing at the moment, but does make it clear they are open for business. You might shoot them an email to see if they can provide what you're after.

I am also sight challenged; I've put markers on the speedo (strips of tape) that I can see without glasses. At least I know where "60" is on the dial.

Good luck with your search.

It’s not hard to do I did mine

64510908-FDF6-4D2B-8932-FB20E2B49516.jpeg

Hey guys, short time lurker and first time posting.

I picked up a '12 last year and have been riding semi-frequently. Blind as a bat so while I can see everything around me (cars, people, lights, etc) I cannot see the dash very well, especially at night. In fact, at night I have to guess my speed as I cannot read the stock red backlight on black dash (without glasses or contacts in). I have attempted to do a bunch of searching for dash replacements, digital conversions, etc. but found that all I really want to do is replace the stock backlight and faces of the gauges with a more high contrast face.
All the sites I have been following are either generic places ie: JC Whitney, or are custom shops that appear to no longer be around, even though their websites are still up. Most don't even have bike listings beyond around 2k7 (Gen 1).

Can anyone point me in the direct of a reputable source for replacement dash faces and/or light swaps?

Apologies as I am sure this has probably been asked a dozen times but my searching has not brought much up here as well, except for the links that led me to the old sites.
As @HayaWakened said everything ive researched has came back to using blue gauges. They can put some white LEDs in for u and brighten it right up. Think at one point there was a cluster that was already done for sale in the classifieds but it's probably sold by now

Thanks for the info, all.
Going to reach out to Bluegauges then and see what they can do, for starters. I am pretty sure that is one of the sites I visited but from the webpage, as @HayaWakened said, it had appeared they might be dead.

*edit*: maybe not, since their entry had a posted a month ago saying they were open. I know it was some kind of "blue" website though.

Look up Shane Gaston / Mod my Gauges.
He has Facebook and IG I believe. Good guy to deal with. Done multiple gauge sets of mine.

I'm partially colourblind in the red spectrum and have huge trouble reading the gauges at night. I have had gauages swapped out to white for contrast, but while they were easy to read at a glance and much more clear, they were also way to bright at night time and actually affected my night vision by being to bright and distracting.
I went back to red and never thought of trying blue.

It’s not hard to do I did mine

View attachment 1620431

@Mathewrussell52 , are they just blue SMD leds? And are they superbright at night?

Back