DARN HURRICANES!!!!!

SmiLyPR4U

Registered
A prayer to all of us who live in FL or GA...

May God Bless us all and help us go through this madness, especially those of us who were already hit by Charley...not looking good at all.

Please take all the precautions you can, better be too prepared than be regreting it later. I won't be telling you all what to do since we've gotten a lot of that for the past month, but if anybody needs tips/hints on what to do...just ask; I'm a veteran since we've been through a lot worst in PR.

Take care, God Bless and if anyone is in the Kissimmee/Orlando area or vicinity and needs anything; I'll be more than happy to help in whatever I can...also if you live in Orange County and need updates afterwards on where they're giving out ice/water/etc...well, for any of the above just PM to get contact #.

Love y'all,

Vanessa
wink.gif

Best of luck to all of you.  I hope you all remain safe and don't endure the hardships afterwards for too long.
biggrin.gif

As long as you're safe, the worst part of the aftermath has to be:
(Veteran of Hurricane Hugo, 1989, Charleston, SC)

1.  No electricity
2.  No operable gas stations due to #1
   a.  Some get generators to run the pumps...good right? (see 2.b.)
   b.  Gas in the underground tanks is contaminated w/ water due to flooding.
   c.  Cannot use a credit card...cash only (see 3)
3.  ATM's do not work...see #1
a. The gas station may have power for the ATM, but...
b. The Bank computers will be down...no authorizations.
4.  You have to cook everything from the freezer to keep it from spoiling.
   a.  A large metal mixing bowl can be used as a deep fryer on top of a grill.
   b.  Everything out of the fryer tastes the same, but it's food.
5.  There are people price gouging everywhere, taking advantage of people's misfortunes.
6.  Seeing power restored after 9 days, but it's only to the houses across the street.
7.  The complete lack of trust when it comes to writing a check. (see #'s 1, 2, and 3)

Basically...life after a hurricane sucks for a while.
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094137731 -->

Forgot to mention...

Go to the ATM before the hurricane hits, and take out however much you can afford to. This may be the only money you have until things get back to normal. See #3 above.

I don't have an ATM card... and I got $5 in my wallet... Looks like I will be shopping via .12gauge...
wow.gif

IT's a big one... that's for certain...

After just getting home a few weeks ago from restoring power to central fl, I would suggest anyone down here get a generator.It may be 1 day or it might be 10 days or more of no power for some areas....A grill and plywood on the windows ain't a bad idea. I was way inland from where Charlie hit and all our lines were in the dirt. Most importantly, if you see me working...don't be #625 to ask when your power's coming on, I may have to kill you.

hurricane6.jpg

I meant a grill (for cooking ). And plywood on the windows. Not both .:D That would look really dumb.

<!--EDIT|diesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094139255 -->

WOW!!!!

What a fricken awesome day!!!! going to be in around the late 90's

Not a fricken cloud in the sky!!!, road the Busa to work today.... Everyone moved out of my way as I came up on them, we all waved at each other....

I think a few doves were flying behind me..

Think I saw 2 rainbows, not sure how they got there, haven’t had rain in months..

Oh wait, this is a hurricane thread... sorry wrong thread..
poke.gif

Seriously though, wish you all the best.. Hurricanes are one of the biggest reasons I don’t want to move anywhere near y'all

Only thing we got on this end is earth quakes, and I haven’t felt one of those in 10 years.

And when an earth quake hits, it hits and over with within a minute.

These fricken Hurricanes, most of the time you are emotionally building up form wears on the nerves..

Best of luck to all of you, be safe and tie yourselves to something, this one looks nasty.

Ron

Yeah, this should be interesting. should be headed rightfor us here in west palm beach, i'll post a pic or 2 and an update if the lines arent out

I'm also a Hugo Veteran...try being w/o power for a few months!!!

Btw...thank you diesel for all your efforts, I know how hard you guys worked; my brother works with FPL and it was non-stop for more than a week.
wink.gif

Scary . My 2 kids & ex wife live in kissimmee. My prayers are with all of yous.
Her brother is a sheriff out there shes waiting for him to see exactly what there going to do. I am feeling very bad me being out here in PR and they are over there
not easy.

Well, I'll report back if I get hit... It'll be interesting, I have no plywood, no generator, no Cash.
rock.gif

I do have a bunch of snob neighbors though that just might find themselves jacked if things get desperate. we'll see I have 3-M Ultra Security Film on all the windows, house is up to current spec. and a deck of cards.

I'll get pictures if there is anything to shoot pictures of. And if we get hit REAL hard, I won't have a place of business to return to so I'll prolly head up north and call it good.

We don't have hurricanes up here Rev...just a lot of fuggin snow, but you are welcome if you need a place to stay.
biggrin.gif

p/s...The 12-ga can come in handy while maintaining perimeter security in the pitch black of night without power.
wink.gif
cool.gif

Good luck to all you Florida board members.  I moved my Busa 3 miles inland & have been busy getting the ocean front condo prepped and packing what little I plan to take.  It looks like it could come in just enough south of here where I may not have to leave.  I'm going to wait until tomorrow.....  The traffic is way to bad today anyhow.  I heard on the radio it took one person 5 1/2 hours to go 115 miles...  
wow.gif
  Anyhow my prayers to the rest of you.

Back