Dark Side Wins...I am now a bagger

2hip

Registered
Busa-ites...forgive me for this weakening and becoming a bagger. I ride two different temperature zones and couldn't pack the gear into work all of the time. At nights it can be down in the low 50's and at 70 mph it gets a little chilly. During the day it can be 95-105 typically in Lake County, Ca. You will laugh but I bought a couple of ammo boxes from military surplus store and was trying to figure out how to attach it to the bike. But it would have to involve metal fabrication and paint jobs and such. I don't know why but I love those old ammo boxes.
My wife told me, "Don't do it"..being the obedient husband that I am..I obeyed she who issues lunch tickets and e-rides:whistle:
Anyhow..I went the SW-Motech route with the Givi E21 Monokey sidecases. I just want to state that Twisted Throttle took good care of me. I can not say the instructions were well done. In fact..I can't imagine how they could have been worse. The quality of the braces, tubes, and hardware are first class. Paint is done well and electrical connections for the new tail lights were well done and easily done. The one wrinkle that came up had to do with the tail bracket/brace...the holes on the brace were not drilled to their correct dimensions. The tail lights have a small diameter tube with threads that would not allow entry into the bracket hole...so, I had to drill them out a little bit more..no big deal...but :banghead:
I know that Busa's aren't supposed to be baggers...Rash me all you want. But I am madly in love with my Busa and she is my go to work bike which involves a three hour round trip drive about twice a week...I stay overnight with Dad and then come home to see my sweeties. I like that my Busa has gobs of power. She is heavy and doesn't get blown all over the road. When I want to pass 1-4 cars who are doing 35-40 on Silverado Trail in Napa valley as they look for that Winery that is on their little map...Vroom and it is done..they should be doing 55-60mph. Next, I think are the massive searchlights...We have so many animals on the road...I love all of you guys and all of the different things you guys do with the Busa..dragsters, show bikes, street racers, crusiers, nitro guys...i can take my bags and racks off in 5 minutes and go track racing at Infineon again...but Bags on the Busa...:poke:

Hayabusa bagger install 07-09 007.jpg

Hayabusa bagger install 07-09 009.jpg

Nothing to be forgiven...It's a still a great bike with bags on:beerchug: but give the thread time...some retard will pop in here shortly and make some brilliant comment about buying a Goldwing.

P1030646.jpg

Last edited:
Awol, thanks for the reply...by the way...I laughed like hell when I read your "Wanted" postie...who wrote that? It is very creative...I especially like you "must bring your own weapons...and "I have only done this once before....excellent...2hip

I think you got it right myself... Suzuki should have a full hard bag kit for these bikes.. A lot of guys put big miles on... Concours is a "Sport Tour" and no one even bothers to compare it to the Busa it is so far ahead on creature comfort..

now about that Goldwing... :rofl:

looks good, it is much easier to take care of your business when you have her set up the way you like :beerchug:

Mr Bogus...how right you are.The big Yamaha FJY and the big Kawi Concours are both sport touring bikes with gobs of power. In fact, I orginally wanted the Kawi and no one had it in the Bay Area...But I am so much more comfortable now...thanks, 2hip

Dude just buy a goldwing.

:rofl:

Seriously...i see no problem here. Now you can haul your sh*t faster than anyone else in the world. :beerchug:

Dude just buy a goldwing.

:rofl:

Seriously...i see no problem here. Now you can haul your sh*t faster than anyone else in the world. :beerchug:

I agree, they are very functional bikes and these all look and appear to function very nicely. Busa Wing :thumbsup: Wing of the Falcon!

Awol, thanks for the reply...by the way...I laughed like hell when I read your "Wanted" postie...who wrote that? It is very creative...I especially like you "must bring your own weapons...and "I have only done this once before....excellent...2hip

It comes across as a joke but I'm still waiting for a travel partner. Seven have applied but they were all too weird. Seriously though....the date is set for September 14, 2009. Interested? Putting bags on your Hayabusa puts you head and shoulders above my current prospects.

I think you got it right myself... Suzuki should have a full hard bag kit for these bikes.. A lot of guys put big miles on... Concours is a "Sport Tour" and no one even bothers to compare it to the Busa it is so far ahead on creature comfort..

now about that Goldwing... :rofl:

They have them for the Bandit. They cost more than a set of GIVI bags though.

More people use luggage with this bike than probably admit. Comes in handy for meet and greets and other gathering events in addition to the basic needs of everyday life. They look good and serve a great function. :thumbsup:

how comfortable is the top case with back rest. Do your pillions have an opinion about it? Im considering doing more trips with the SO. A back rest would make any pillion more comfortable, IMO. As long as Im looking into a back rest, it may as well carry/store our gear when off the bike. Im ATGATT.

Side baggers: any problems lane splitting?

Back