Daniel Boone homestead

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
31 degrees ouside, bored out of my mind, and more snow on the way so i decided to check out the Daniel Boone homestead in Defiance, MO yesterday...they had volunteers and employees playing all of the parts that were telling stories, answering questions, doing chores, etc. in period clothing...the weather didn't cooperate and they ended up having to stop everything after only half a day but the good part for the handful of us who showed up was we got a lot of one-on-one time with them...it was really interesting!

IMG_6493 (Large).jpg

IMG_6492 (Large).jpg

IMG_6495 (Large).jpg

IMG_6494 (Large).jpg

IMG_6501 (Large).jpg

the last two pics were taken as i arrived and as i was getting ready to leave...it was cool watching the valley transform during the snowfall :beerchug:

IMG_6517 (Large).jpg

IMG_6518 (Large).jpg

IMG_6520 (Large).jpg

IMG_6491 (Large).jpg

IMG_6522 (Large).jpg

Those are great pics Semi. Looks cold though. I am so sick of winter.

Love stuff like that. I like the balconies with stairs.
Probably a neat place to live back then. Thanks for sharing.

awesum pics. recently took the fam to the hermitage in nashville,tn. thats andrew jacksons homestead. pretty awesum the way they keep the place up like it was still the 1800's.

:thumbsup: Nice pics you can tell it must have been pretty tough living back then and they probably didn't know that it was any different there than anywhere else.

That's awesome... I'm going to have to holla at you next time we come up that way to visit the wifey's family so you can tell me how to get there... I love history and facts

I love the snow pictures Semi... It almost makes me miss home.. it's so pretty.

Back