Dang this forum!!! I broke down and HAD to do it.

SSGT_B

Registered
Thanks to all the people who have taken the time to nicely mod their bikes and post pictures, I had to finish the paint project I started last week. Took a ride this morning and it kept bothering me that it dont look right. Well, I fixed that.

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

That's as far as I got today. 7 coats and will do another 3 tomorrow then re assemble. Will need to get a master link and may as well do a stainless rear brake line since I have it apart.

:Cheers:

That's funny, mine is black and I'm thinking of painting it silver! So you painted it in place?

y not just remove it and powder coat it? its gonna chip otherwise no matter how many coats u put on it.

Correct in painting in place. I know there is a spot or three that I missed but it wont be seen. I taped all that i could and newspaperd other stuff. Scotch brighte it, cleaned with acetone, blow dry with air hose, etching primer and semi-flat paint same as frame.

it will chip but i bought another one off craigslist for 50bucks that Ill have PCd. FOr now at least it will look decent till I ride it...haha

Must be nice to paint in December with the garage door open.

I don't think it will chip too bad. Just make sure after the last coat of paint is on that
it is allowed to dry and harden even if you have to use a hair dryer or heat gun to get it to harden.
Oh wait, maybe you can just move it so the sun hits it and drys it and hardens it. Lucky You.

Nice to see that you take pride in doing a good job to make it YOUR bike and if you like it, that's what matters most.

Back