Dang! Nail in the rear pilot power

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Riding today thought a heard a "Thwonk" and thought Hmmm...sounded like a tire puncture. I looked but wasn't loosing any air in either tire. Whew
smileyexhibit.gif

Came home and looked at the back, there the one eyed monster was staring at me from the back of my tire.

Rats, bet I have maybe 1000 miles on it at most
mad.gif

Well, I guess the good news is I saw it and it's not loosing air so I can limp it into the shop tomorrow morning and get a new pilot power put on.

Well if Mich treats you like they treated me in the same situation (yea less than 1000 miles on the rear) they will NOT give you any credit or exchange. They DO NOT have road hazzard coverage.

JUST ANOTHER REASON I DON'T BUY ANYTHING  
crazy.gif
from the FRENCH anymore  
rant.gif

AVONS all the Way  
jump9.gif

if your buying a new one Ill take the old one (if your going to scrap it) let me know

(Justyntym @ Oct. 03 2006,18:03) Riding today thought a heard a "Thwonk" and thought Hmmm...sounded like a tire puncture. I looked but wasn't loosing any air in either tire. Whew  
smileyexhibit.gif

Came home and looked at the back, there the one eyed monster was staring at me from the back of my tire.

Rats, bet I have maybe 1000 miles on it at most  
mad.gif

Well, I guess the good news is I saw it and it's not loosing air so I can limp it into the shop tomorrow morning and get a new pilot power put on.
Join the club, I'm on rear tire number 6 with only 14000 miles. I've had 4 tires ruined by nails.

(spkerhed @ Oct. 03 2006,16:07) if your buying a new one Ill take the old one (if your going to scrap it) let me know
Done, it's yours. PM me with your address.

How do you ship a tire? I wouldn't assume you find a box big enough and UPS it, or do you?

I'll tell em to leave the nail in so you can find the hole easy.

Nothing I hate worse than a nail in a tire .... You know they could make them nail-proof, too. There's a million-dollar idea for some of you inventive-types out there.

when shipped ups all the tires I have seen shipped are shrink wraped over the shipping label and thats it

Sounds to me like it's time to upgrade to the ultra performers "Qualifiers"?

Back