Dan Wesson RZ-10

I just bought a Dan Wesson RZ-10 10MM 1911. My pistol is 144 out of 150 made. Love the stainless steel autos. I paid $850.00, it came with three magazines with matching serial numbers, a personal letter from the CEO of Dan-Wesson, tool kit, a set of dog tags, owners manual, and a factory test proof target showing how this gun shot. What do you all think? :thumbsup:

Awesome gun, I'm jealous. I love the 1911 platform, it is a perfect defensive system. And the 10mm is a devastating round.

The .40 cal is a 10mm short, and the .40 is around due to the accountants with guns crowd, the FBI. The FBI was testing guns to replace the impotent 9mm and tested many rounds. The .45 auto fared very well, but was not unique enough for those guys. The 10mm caught favor with FBI, and it is superior to the .45 auto. But the wimpy agents couldn't handle the muzzle blast or recoil so the .40 cal was developed for them.

The 10mm is the hands down winner as a defensive weapon in reasonable size and semi-auto. Obviously the .44 mag, .357 mag, and .50 cal pistol rounds are badder, but aren't reasonable carry weapons, and reduced capacity as revolvers, slower to reload, etc. The 10mm is superior to the .45 auto, but only slightly.

Great choice,,,,,thanks for sharing.

Right on, thanks for the info......det45 :thumbsup:

Awesome gun, I'm jealous. I love the 1911 platform, it is a perfect defensive system. And the 10mm is a devastating round.

The .40 cal is a 10mm short, and the .40 is around due to the accountants with guns crowd, the FBI. The FBI was testing guns to replace the impotent 9mm and tested many rounds. The .45 auto fared very well, but was not unique enough for those guys. The 10mm caught favor with FBI, and it is superior to the .45 auto. But the wimpy agents couldn't handle the muzzle blast or recoil so the .40 cal was developed for them.

The 10mm is the hands down winner as a defensive weapon in reasonable size and semi-auto. Obviously the .44 mag, .357 mag, and .50 cal pistol rounds are badder, but aren't reasonable carry weapons, and reduced capacity as revolvers, slower to reload, etc. The 10mm is superior to the .45 auto, but only slightly.

Great choice,,,,,thanks for sharing.

Update: The guy I bought the RZ-10 10MM from said he would be willing to sell me his other Dan Wesson 45 ACP Auto for $550.00 Looks just like the RZ-10 but in 45ACP. I think I'll get it, what do you all think?.....det45 :thumbsup:

Back