Dan Wesson RZ-10

det45

Registered
I just bought a Dan Wesson RZ-10 10MM 1911. My pistol is 144 out of 150 made. Love the stainless steel autos. I paid $850.00, it came with three magazines with matching serial numbers, a personal letter from the CEO of Dan-Wesson, tool kit, a set of dog tags, owners manual, and a factory test proof target showing how this gun shot. What do you all think? :thumbsup:

RZ-10 (1).jpg

I had a Delta Elite when the 10mm was first introduced back in the late 80s , I don't know why that round never really caught on ,my guess would be the introduction of the tamer 40cal . Thats a great gun you got there and a very potent round. If memory serves me correct I think it would push a 180 grain about 1450fps. I also love the 1911 platform I have a gold cup and a kimber but both in 45. I think I still have a full box of 10mm laying around if you want them.

Mmmmmmm...1911 a timeless design...:bowdown:

Careful when you take it apart.
Dont want to get a 'swing' mark on that pretty frame !

you can still buy the colt delta elite...saw one in flat grey here localy... brother has owned one since the 80's still has it

Very nice, but for 1911's i'm sticking with .45 cal....I've got too many different caliber's now (9mm. .40, .45) and keeping up with all the different ammo got to be a pain. Rather get it down to just a caliber or too and buy bulk.

P.S. I've got the Kimber Pro CDP II also (the entire set!) great gun.

wow, very nice.
If I had something like that in Denmark, I would go to jail :-)
Only people with a license to go hunting can have weapons, but only weapons ment for hunting :-)

Mikael.

That's too bad that some countries restrict people from having guns to protect themselves. I feel for you brother.....det45

wow, very nice.
If I had something like that in Denmark, I would go to jail :-)
Only people with a license to go hunting can have weapons, but only weapons ment for hunting :-)

Mikael.

Very nice, but for 1911's i'm sticking with .45 cal....I've got too many different caliber's now (9mm. .40, .45) and keeping up with all the different ammo got to be a pain. Rather get it down to just a caliber or too and buy bulk.

P.S. I've got the Kimber Pro CDP II also (the entire set!) great gun.

.45 is an awesome time proven caliber but it wont shoot 'FLAT' out to 100yds. The load most use in .45 acp , 230gr FMJ drops almost 7 inches whereas a 10mm cartridge will average around 3 inches down at 100.
A 10mm pistol makes it all too easy to score hits on a silohouette at distance and when it gets there still has plenty of power.
Approx 100ft lbs more at that range.

But your point about ammo is well deserved .
Between cost and availability nothing beats .45
I shot some .45 a few weeks back that was over 40yrs old.
Out of approx 200rnds only 3 did not pop !

Heres a pic of one I own 'Colt Custom Combat 10' , 1 of 500 and finished in Electroless Nickel.

Combat 10.JPG

Most gunfights are way less than 100 yds so I'm not too worried about it Saiid. Lot's of old, still reliable .45 out there...

Nice piece, I noticed that you have a arched mainspring housing, how do you like the feel of your gun with the arched housing?

.45 is an awesome time proven caliber but it wont shoot 'FLAT' out to 100yds. The load most use in .45 acp , 230gr FMJ drops almost 7 inches whereas a 10mm cartridge will average around 3 inches down at 100.
A 10mm pistol makes it all too easy to score hits on a silohouette at distance and when it gets there still has plenty of power.
Approx 100ft lbs more at that range.

But your point about ammo is well deserved .
Between cost and availability nothing beats .45
I shot some .45 a few weeks back that was over 40yrs old.
Out of approx 200rnds only 3 did not pop !

Heres a pic of one I own 'Colt Custom Combat 10' , 1 of 500 and finished in Electroless Nickel.

Most gunfights are way less than 100 yds so I'm not too worried about it Saiid. Lot's of old, still reliable .45 out there...

Oh I know.
Just like the fact I can give you a 10 second headstart and still drill you a new one...:laugh:
I only mention it cuz to me shooting pistols at close range is a bit boring.
I like to shoot at 50 and 100yds with them. Makes it more fun.
But yes your correct most happen within distance you refer to..:beerchug:

Nice piece, I noticed that you have a arched mainspring housing, how do you like the feel of your gun with the arched housing?

Det45 this particular gun is still NIB .
I have had it for about 20yrs. Never even cocked it.
I had a couple of the orig Blue Delta Elites when they first came out.
The arched mainspring fills up your palm just a bit more and on my other 1911s I have it on those for this reason.

Love the 10mm. Yours is a beauty. Had a Glock 10mm with three 17 round mags once; wish I still had it....

Congrats on the new piece.

Back