Damper

athomassg

Registered
Does anyone have a favorite damper they would recommend for my 05 Busa, there have been no mods related to the forks / height. The original damper is letting a little shimmy in at speed and at parking lot speed she will cross up quick. Thanks

You might find a better deal from a Board Sponsor or feebay
beerchug.gif

I have the one 300busa posted a pic of. I love it.

But any adjustable damper is good.

Or you could just put 80-90W in your dampner thats on the bike, that will stiffen it up a litttle and make sure to get the bubbles out , someone here did a write up on it . I got another dampner for a few buck off a member. and have to fill it still . I figure that if its not good enough then I will get a better one

(athomassg @ Feb. 10 2007,21:28) Does anyone have a favorite damper they would recommend for my 05 Busa, there have been no mods related to the forks / height. The original damper is letting a little shimmy in at speed and at parking lot speed she will cross up quick. Thanks
First have your suspension properly adjusted...after market dampers are  
cool.gif
to have, but they
are just "band aids" for a out of adjustment suspension or rider error  
sad.gif

When you're preload, compression, and rebound are set properly...the bike will preform MUCH better.

Before you spend HUNDREDS of $$$ on a new damper, spend $20-$30 and get the adjustment...then
ride it to see the difference it makes  
wink.gif

(BA BUSA @ Feb. 11 2007,13:01) [Before you spend HUNDREDS of $$$ on a new damper, spend $20-$30 and get the adjustment...then
wink.gif
Just curious-- $20-30 to have it adjusted? I tried to take it to a shop , and he told me to work with it- since, I gues its a personal pref.
You just need to check your settings on both sides of the fork, and make sure they are the same.

(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 11 2007,01:19) I have the one 300busa posted a pic of.  I love it.

Pretty. What do they run?

(Suijuris @ Feb. 20 2007,19:58)
(BA BUSA @ Feb. 11 2007,13:01) [Before you spend HUNDREDS of $$$ on a new damper, spend $20-$30 and get the adjustment...then
wink.gif
Just curious-- $20-30 to have it adjusted? I tried to take it to a shop , and he told me to work with it- since, I gues its a personal pref.
You just need to check your settings on both sides of the fork, and make sure they are the same.
You can play with the compression and the rebound settings, but you can't set the sag (preload) by yourself
wink.gif

wink.gif

(06BUSA @ Feb. 20 2007,20:00)
(Charlesbusa @ Feb. 11 2007,01:19) I have the one 300busa posted a pic of.  I love it.

Pretty. What do they run?
About $500
crazy.gif

Mine was cheaper a year ago.

Back