Damn California Cagers

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
Ok I have gotten use to cagers here in Cali being some of the worst drivers I have ever had the misfortune to ride with. I mean hell I see some of the most insane drivers as I travel on the one of the US's worst freeways, I405. But today took the cake.
A good number of mornings I can get a good hard pull as I get onto the 5. I dont get too crazy just up to 100-120, then back it down and ride with the flow of traffic. Well this morning Traffic was really light, so I decided to let the ponies play for a little longer. I get up to 105-110, clear left lane so I am tucked and enjoying my speed rush. Then it happens this F@#king cager merges into my lane from the right, and going about 45 to 50. Now this happens to me more than I can even begin to complain about, but what really tweaked me today was, this Jack A$$ saw me. I was looking right at her in her review mirror, even her back seat passenger was turned around looking at me. So as I am trying to slow down and its just not working, I keep getting closer and closer, so kow I am at full emergency brake, with slight locking of the rear wheel, and running off the shoulder on the left. and I manage to slow enough to the left of the vehicle around the rear doors. So now I am under control and trying to get around the JackHole by lanespliting to the right. Then this cager pulls into my path as I try to pass. So I wait for lane to clear and go around the A$$. But I have to say I have never wanted to Kcik the living SH#$out of someone like I did this morning. I mean it ruined the rest of my ride to work.

That's crazy....but it could have been worse. Shake that off and be grateful that you were able to control your lady.

Find some peace....or some piece. Whichever works.
smile.gif

Carry some pebble rocks or marbles to throw at the car or get a telescoping baton to give the car a good whack...then get the fug outta there.

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 08 2006,14:43) Carry some pebble rocks or marbles to throw at the car or get a telescoping baton to give the car a good whack...then get the fug outta there.
ball bearings work real well.

(heavybusa @ Sep. 08 2006,11:48)
(Over_Easy @ Sep. 08 2006,14:43) Carry some pebble rocks or marbles to throw at the car or get a telescoping baton to give the car a good whack...then get the fug outta there.
ball bearings work real well.
Hell, I guess a handful of BBs would work as well.

Throwing things at cars can be considered assault with a deadly weapon. Have a care out there. Besides, you don't want the bastage taking it out on the next guy.

--Wag--

DONT throw Shite at cars becuase they will take it out on the next bike they see and that might be ME !!
mad.gif

So you don't like cars that merge into your lane when YOU are going nearly double the speed limit? Maybe you're the A$$hat. Slow down and you find yourself in that kind of a jam. And throwing things at cars? Wow man! You deserve everything you get. Good luck out there! You are gonna need it.

I know what you mean, they were playing traffic police!!! They know you were speeding so they feel it's their duty to slow you down. I would love to shoot those people who do that
mad.gif
Or the ones who move over so you cant pass just beacuse they can!!!

My favorite is when traffic jammed completely (as in stopped) and you are lane splitting at like 2 mph yet they act like they are gonna open their door or something just to scare the crap outta you.Thats why i only lane split when traffic is completely stopped and im not going over 2-4 mph so i can stop instantly if some jackass pulled some stunt like that on me.
sad.gif

In my opinion, if your going 110 around traffic, you are asking for trouble. Don't get me wrong, I ride my busa fast at times, but not around traffic. For those of you that would throw things at cars, you are worse than the stupid cagers!

(psalm69 @ Sep. 08 2006,14:31) So you don't like cars that merge into your lane when YOU are going nearly double the speed limit? Maybe you're the A$$hat. Slow down and you find yourself in that kind of a jam. And throwing things at cars? Wow man! You deserve everything you get. Good luck out there! You are gonna need it.
Its wasnt the fact that she merged into my lane, it was that her lane was clear and when I went to go around her, she continued to block me. I was merely venting, I would never throw anything at cars, and if your are telling me that you have a busa and you have never hit triple digits, IMHO, you have the wrong bike. I am not condoning wreckless riding at all, but every now then on a wide open freeway, I go for a little speed rush. If that makes me and A$$, so be it, but no rider ever deserves to get cut off by a cager.

Well the AZZHAT here is either the cager doing 15MPH under the limit during commute hours or the DUMBAZZ biker doing 50+MPH over the limit on one of the busiest freeways in the nation during commute hours
rock.gif
WTF dude are you nuts
rock.gif

rock.gif

Once they swerve at you on purpose they deserve something. Like a good old fashion kick to the mirror.

Must have been something in the air this morning because I had 3 cars on the 101 doing the same swerve move.

Ah... the magic mix:

1 part - 50mph cage (Possibly a poor driver to start with)
1 part - Busy California Interstate Highway
1 part - 100+mph Busa Driver attempting to grab a quick thrill

Shake well & pore. If all mixes well, it's not BLOOD RED.

Luckily the cage didn't totally take you out.

I think Chuck Yager said it best, "I do whatever is necessary to ensure I'll be able to fly tomorrow." Listen to the best my friend!

You hear it all the time... i was going FAST and someone pulled out in front of me... THINK about it... If you were not a motorcycle rider, put yourself in someone shoes that drive a car and knows nothing about bikes. You closing at a high rate of speed on a car that sees you but doesnt realize that your speeding along at 100+ mph. They look see a light so they know something is there but not that it is moving 100+ mph and they move over. Triple digits in freeway traffic is dumb... not everyone ride a bike and not everyone thinks that the vehical coming towards them is thinking to themselves that hmmm... .that car/bike looks like its going 100+ mph let me wait before i pull out in front of them...

(BA BUSA @ Sep. 08 2006,15:11) Well the AZZHAT here is either the cager doing 15MPH under the limit during commute hours or the DUMBAZZ biker doing 50+MPH over the limit on one of the busiest freeways in the nation during commute hours
rock.gif
WTF dude are you nuts
rock.gif
Ditto.

rock.gif

Good Luck out there! Keep your head on a swivel! This and a thousand stories like it can happen at any instant! Sounds like a scary one, hope we all learn something from this!!!

While i would never pull OUT in front of anyone i have blocked crazy cagers in the past.Last week i was in a 2 lane road going at 50 or so.Suddenly some ricerboy in a honda civic comes up zooming.I adjusted my speed to the exact same as the car next to me.Kid flashed his lights n honked but i didnt move.Im sure he had fun being stuck behind us for like 20 minutes or so
tounge.gif
The only option of passing he had was to get on the grass and pass but he didnt do it.

Back