damaged casing

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
In the process of rebuilding found I need the Magneto an the rotor assembly for my banged up baby If anyone has these used for sale post up or PM me

What has me worried is that when the mag cover got hit it damaged the casing where one of the screws goes to hold the cover. What I mean is now when I try to put screw in there is nothing with thread to hold it, the rest of the casing/block is undamaged is there any alternatives out there:please:

And no I have no pics camera got crushed also:banghead:

There are a number of thread replacement systems that work fantastic.. In fact most are better than the original threads when it comes to strength..

if you have a local "Fastenal" store, see what they have..

Last edited:
ok had to go dig around a bit

I do have part number 35060 thread repair kit (M6-1)
IF this is the right set, I will send it to you and you can fix yours, and then return the kit to me when you are done..

I would shy away from any epoxy/heat or weld method.. most of the insert repairs are plenty strong and stand little chance of either causing other damage or pulling out. There are 2 part epoxy kits that really stink (never seen one that worked)

Helicoil, Threadserts, Recoil are ones I have used

Find a Heli-Coil kit that size at your local tool supply store or some auto parts stores carry them too.

Back