Damage assement

Regarding the red-line, I have no idea what the computer does when it first powers on and how it handles the fuel supply and I don't exactly know how much throttle I was giving it but I know it was not much.

Apparently you were giving it too much throttle...way too much. The Busa is not "drive-by-wire". Butterflies are opened/closed with the throttle cables. Even if the injectors shot too much gas in, there would not be enough air flow to do much of anything with the butterflies closed.[/QUOTE]
+1

I was going to say the same thing.

I already got the lecture from my dad about how trying to save 10 min. by push starting the bike vs. hooking jumper cables ended up costing me so much pain aggravation and money. As far as using a higher gear, I can only claim brain cramp because I knew that but I just forgot.

Regarding the red-line, I have no idea what the computer does when it first powers on and how it handles the fuel supply and I don't exactly know how much throttle I was giving it but I know it was not much.

Regarding the fairytale... No one said you had to believe me and if you choose not to believe me then continue on your merry way thinking everyone is liar. You will miss meeting someone one day because you dismissed them as a liar and I have no need to defend myself against you.

Another thing I learned is that your honesty and integrity can never be taken from you, it is only something you can give away. I don't intend to ever do that. When I am able I will take the pictures of the bike and if you require I will take the pictures of the rasberries I have down my right shoulder/arm to prove that this is no fairytale. In fact I wish it was one so I would not have to deal with the injuries to both me and my bike....

Everyone else, thank you for the advise and recommendations it is nice to hear from compassionate helpful people.
I don't think anyone was saying you didn't wreck or get road rash, but rather saying that you didn't do it the way you described. I could care less how you did it. You are ok and the bike will be soon. A wreck is a wreck, it doesn't matter if you looped doing a wheelie or push starting it, they both have the same end result. Hope you get her back up and running soon.
Yup pretty much, Fairy tale in respect to HOW you flipped it, not that it got flipped.

It's a common occurance, it's called CYA. ALL day folks tell stories about how this or that happened to their bikes. One, they feel silly. Two, they are worried about insurance and tickets. Three, they are worried about waht Dad, Wife, Mom, etc... are going to say.

So, we get lots of Imaginary cars causing accidents in canyons and twisties. Lots of "Strange" mechanical failures that NO ONE has EVER found, and a good number of "it just (Insert Wierd action).

It's human nature, nobody likes to admit to simply fuggin up, to getting a wheelie wrong, to target fixating and riding straight off the road, or to otherwise abuse themselves and their equipment.

I am not saying this IS the case here, just that it certainly seems odd to flip a busa in this manner, more than odd it does approach the realm of Tall Tale.

For all you "Nit Picker/Tall Tale" claimers: Change the word "Flipped" to "Dumped" in the title (bad choice of words on my part).

Regarding the red-line, maybe what I saw was the computer going through it initial sequence when it first gets power, you know when the dials spin up to the red-line....

As I said I don't know how much throttle I gave it but I did not think it was that much. I can accept the fact that my estimation of how much throttle I gave it may be wrong, but I know it was not full throttle.

I just got the bike back home yesterday, a good friend of my fathers drove it home and looked over everything mechanical and all of that seems to be fine. So I am only dealing with cosmetic damage and right side exhaust can damage.

Going to take the side panel off to make sure nothing underneath it is damaged. Will take some pictures too of the panel bike.

Back