Dam, why didn't you guys tell me!

Go faster, it stabilizes the bike.

Seriously.

--Wag--
thats the key.
winkold.gif

"DAD"......you a funny dude........BUT I AGREE..........
super.gif

The up-right rider position is as much to blame as, rider inexperience, lower speeds, etc.....

I "ride" on windy days simply for the experience and training.  Kind of like when you take your maiden voyage down a freeway at speed and discover that those little grooves are mysteriously steering you off your straight and true line.  

On a windy, gusty day I'm "aware" that big batches of air may play with my machine at speed.  I don't over-accelerate the machine anymore.  I bounce around with it knowing that "A big hand of air is not just going to pick me up and throw me on my side"......

Ride a "little' loose, be a bit spontaneous as to the expectation of the airflow changing at "any" specific time !!!!

It makes it more of a lesson, than a survival training.

"Now ya know how the truckers feel on the open road in these conditions".  
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

WHOA SH!D
rock.gif
?....Look at the size of "my" avatar
rock.gif
??...does it get bigger
rock.gif
?

"EXCELLENT !!!!"......
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

We have some major cross winds up here, that come off Lake Champlain.

I just drop into to a full tuck and power thru them.

Wind energy against Busa power is a no brainer......

My two cents: ride in KS winds so I can relate. Know your bike and you - know your area that you are riding - experience with your bike and how you handle things is the key. Everyone is different so see what works for you. I like to leave the gusting over 40 mph winds alone. If not, I lay low and allow for the gusts. Tucking behind a truck can help going around can be an issue. Know what to expect is the key to self preservation. Enjoy the ride - be safe!
cool.gif

My two cents: ride in KS winds so I can relate. Know your bike and you - know your area that you are riding - experience with your bike and how you handle things is the key. Everyone is different so see what works for you. I like to leave the gusting over 40 mph winds alone. If not, I lay low and allow for the gusts. Tucking behind a truck can help going around can be an issue. Know what to expect is the key to self preservation. Enjoy the ride - be safe!
cool.gif

Riding that Hayabusa in 30 mph gustying to 40 mph cross wind gusts ain't fun at all! especially, when the winds suddenly get blocked by a big truck or bridge or hill, then you ride back into them talk about a sudden lean weave. And about the time you get the lean angle right, a even greater gust hits you throwing everything out of kelter again.

All that aerodynamic faring plastic is super great in a head wind or tail, but a cross wind it acts like a giant sail. :-(
I had a Buell S-1 that felt more unstable in a cross wind than the Hayabusa. I feel pretty comfy riding in to crosswinds with it.

I don't have a problem with winds, guess us petite guys may have an advantage there (5'8", 165). : )

I once had to trade bikes (my '00 ZRX1100) with a friends wifes '01 ZX6R...both were relatively new riders and i was leading back home on the last day of a weekend group ride in Ocala...to palm beach....200 Miles to go...in heavy gusting winds...mostly on florida turnpike...(he had a bad back and her ZX6R was killing her..so i gave up my ZRX to her as i was happy to check out her 6R for her anyways)....and it was like riding a kite in a windstorm!...I hadda freaking blast!..hadta been on high alert every freaking moment!...and the ride for me wasn't boring at all!
lol1.gif

Back