Dam got beat!!!!

There is a difference between "quick" and "fast".  Quick as in get the jump, fast as in top end with dominant torque.  
zx10r = quicker
Busa  = faster

My .02
Actually quick is measured in time and fast is measured in speed. Also, torque is more closely related to quick and horsepower is more closely related to speed.

If bike "A" covers 1/4 mile in less time than bike "B", bike "A" is quicker. If bike "B" tops out at 200 mph and bike "A" tops out at 199 mph, bike "B" is faster regardless of how long it took either bike to top out. If both bikes topped out at 200 mph but one done it in less time, all else being equal, the one that topped out first would be quicker but not faster.

Simply put, quickness wins stop light wars and drag races. Speed winds on the salt flats.
wink.gif
Kinda reworded what I said. It's like comparing Barry Sanders(quick) to Tony Dorsett (fast). Barry will break your ankles, but would get run down by DBs on runs >50 yards. Dorsett however was a north>south runner who was not going to be caught once he broke the secondary. Quick=point A to point B Fast=top speed So again
quickness=10r
fastest=Busa

Kawasaki
ZX-10R

60-80mph 2.72 secs
80-100mph 2.67 secs
top speed 186mph
quarter mile 9.92@147.4mph

Suzuki
Hayabusa

60-80mph 3.28 secs
80-100mph 3.47 secs
top speed 189.6
quarter mile 9.97@144.8
You are comparing two different tests done over a year apart.

Get the bikes together on the same day, same track, same rider, same everything and see what they run.

Since we are magazine racing quoting times....

Motoryclist ran an 03 SE BUSA to: 9.88 @ 143.9mph
ZX-12R ran: 9.92 @ 143.7

With the basic mods: strap, links, -1 front sprocket....

Keith Dennis dropped the BUSA to: 9.4 @ 147
ZX-12R to: 9.5 @ 146

On a different day the ZX-10R ran: 10.06 @ 145.3

Also, what exactly do your numbers prove??.??.??

60-80 and 80-100 mean nothing but one is geared better for those speeds.  Those are 6th gear role-ons...big deal!

Also, if you think that 10 is running 9.3-8.99 BONE STOCK you have a lot to learn.  Those 1000's running those times are SS1000 PREPARED!  That means all the little tricks but stock internal parts.....  miled head, raised compression, etc. etc..... Plus weight added to the front so it doesn't wheelie over on its self.  

*EDITED* Forgot to add the times you posted are CORRECTED, the BUSA times were not on either test! *EDIT COMPLETE*

You can't bring a Gun to a knife fight and claim it's a stock KNIFE!
jump9.gif

But lets keep talking APPLES and ORANGES!
super.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098939833 -->

The only 2 tests I'd read of the liter bikes had them all in the low 10's...very low of course
wink.gif
The fastest was the ZX-10...it ran a 10.06 I believe. But now I stand corrected, it looks like the 10's latest time is 9.92...still has a ways to go to top the Mack Daddy tho eh?...lol. In fact the ZX-12 ran 9.92 last year...and its sloowwww
tounge.gif
 .... Here's some more times for y'all...enjoy
tounge.gif

Motoryclist

03 SE BUSA ran: 9.88 @ 143.9mph
03 ZX-12R ran: 9.92 @ 143.7mph

CYCLEWORLD

Top Speeds
------------------------------------------
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 191 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 187 mph

Quarter Mile
--------------------------------------------
Suzuki GSX1300R 9.86 sec @ 145.80 mph [Performed by CycleWorld magazine rider]
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.06 sec @ 142 mph [Performed by Ricky Gadson - Top Kawasaki Pro Drag racer]

MOTORCYCLIST MAGAZINE

Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 184.2 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 183 mph
[Elevation 2400 feet above sea level]

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 9.86 sec @ ~ 140.3 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 9.96 sec @ 142.3 mph

SPORTBIKE MAGAZINE

Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 191 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 187 mph

Quarter Mile
Suzuki GSX1300R 9.93 sec @ 143.4 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 10.04 sec @ 143.8 mph

BIKENET Online <http://www.bikenet-racing.com/>

Top Speeds
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 196 mph
Kawasaki ZX-12R 194 mph

...as you can see guys those are some pretty good times..and the Busa's been running them for years....the liter bikes haven't quite put the old dogs on the porch just yet...maybe next year tho huh? Anyways fast is fast...and these mothu's are ALL fast...so enjoy what you ride and try not to lose your license
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099303349 -->

tounge.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

Going to try and get a friend of mine to drag race me on his ZX10 in 1/4 mile and couple 2 or 3 mile run. Also going to get another friend with a R1 to do the same thing. Been told that this road is straight for about 5 miles.

Going to try and get a friend of mine to drag race me on his ZX10 in 1/4 mile and couple 2 or 3 mile run. Also going to get another friend with a R1 to do the same thing. Been told that this road is straight for about 5 miles.
Go get'm tiger!!!
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
remember keep the mods equal tho....the magazine tests are stock bikes...if you and your buddies bikes aren't modded equally the results may vary...lol

It be just for fun. Really dont care who wins. only thing i know he did to his bike was rear sets. But that was around 5 months ago. Find out when i get back home. Probably have the video camera mounted on my bike to. PLus only mods i have so far are listed below. Nothing real fancy or anything to give me the edge. And the stuff at home waiting on me are cosmetic.

<!--EDIT|bs72069
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099317580 -->

Back