Dam got beat!!!!

I want one of each... A busa, a 10R, an R1, a gixxer 1k, and a CBR1kRR. That way no matter who I argue with or which magazine review I am readin' I can honestly say I own the fastest mofo available.
biggrin.gif

I'm glad I didn't buy my Busa to be the fastest guy around....hell I almost bought a ZZR1200 instead. I bought the Busa cause I love v-eight torque and wanted something I didn't have to shift continually for a change, handled good (for my needs
wink.gif
 ) and was comfortable for my 6'3" frame. Its wayyy more bike than I'll ever need. I kinda think these fastest pissing contests get a little old. NOTHINGs the fastest for long...(I think the Busas been on top longer than any bike in history) so unless you like the debate or plan on buying a new bike every two years and losing your a$$ on your old one I think its kinda pointless......just my .02 worth
wink.gif
tounge.gif
cool.gif
Besides, when you street race nothings equal...nobody admits what they're really running...and a good rider can whip a mediocre rider on just about anything. According to the worlds magazines which run stock bikes...the ZX-10 hasn't even broken the 9 sec quarter yet.....(god I love stirring the pot
wow.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif
 ) and we KNOW that Suzuki has one thing in mind with the new Gixxer thou...beating the 10...and they will....then Yamaha will beat them...and on and on and on
Amen!

wink.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

Oh yeah and to rebut the "faster than stock" quote above,

No limiters and two skinny riders, the Busa is bar none the fastest streetbike around. it's Physics the numbers don't lie.
No other stock bike besides a stock busa, can go up there.

The Busa is designed to do one thing and only one thing, go FAST, I have a 12R with the best of everything that Muzzy makes, Everything!, and it is snappier than the busa but I know that the Busa is faster. The busa just has Yoshi Box and stock punched exhaust and a TRE.

My riding partner and I. Both agree Busas Rule!!
Goto dragbike.com and see the fastest 12R it has only run 218. Nowhere near the Shierts Bud Busa at 245.
Exactly what numbers are you talking about?

Like I said, the BUSA is an awsome bike, but it's not as quick as a ZX-10R.  Anyone who can ride who has raced someone on a ZX-10R who can ride will attest to this if they are honest.

Just remember, everyone can't ride.
There is a difference between "quick" and "fast". Quick as in get the jump, fast as in top end with dominant torque.
zx10r = quicker
Busa = faster

My .02

There is a difference between "quick" and "fast". Quick as in get the jump, fast as in top end with dominant torque.
zx10r = quicker
Busa = faster

My .02
Actually quick is measured in time and fast is measured in speed. Also, torque is more closely related to quick and horsepower is more closely related to speed.

If bike "A" covers 1/4 mile in less time than bike "B", bike "A" is quicker. If bike "B" tops out at 200 mph and bike "A" tops out at 199 mph, bike "B" is faster regardless of how long it took either bike to top out. If both bikes topped out at 200 mph but one done it in less time, all else being equal, the one that topped out first would be quicker but not faster.

Simply put, quickness wins stop light wars and drag races. Speed winds on the salt flats.
wink.gif

so what your saying is if my bike makes x amount of torque at 7k and thier bike makes y amount of torque at 7k as long as x > y then i win right
umnik.gif
No we'renot saying that...We're simply saying that you had better be ready to activate your x when the 10 activates its y...Any you might have a x > y...It's not an absolute...  Just can't give a value to rider experience and weight which are probably more important...  
evil.gif
Hey, slow down guys. I only got a 'C' in algebra.
biggrin.gif

I want one of each... A busa, a 10R, an R1, a gixxer 1k, and a CBR1kRR. That way no matter who I argue with or which magazine review I am readin' I can honestly say I own the fastest mofo available.
biggrin.gif
yeah till next years models come out.

Hahahaha... You know the busa is not the undisputed King anymore when you read a thread like this and see folks sayin' "Go with a big bore or turbo and you won't have to worry about those 10R's with pipes and a little tuning...". The busa was an awesome bike that WAS the undisputed King of the hill. Now it's just an awesome bike, period. Soon the new gixxer will prolly be an even bigger threat than the 10R is now. WTF is Suzuki thinkin'?
rock.gif

Say what you want but the truth is that Suzuki has left the busa alone too long. A litre bike should NEVER have been allowed to get as close to the busa as they have. If they ain't gonna upgrade the busa they may as well do away with it. It will NOT be the same bike when all the litre bikes are spankin' it's ass on a regular basis...

My bikes in the shop right now being fixed because of a rearend accident . give me three weeks and ANYBODY with a zx10 can ask to race me ! No turbos , no NOS , lets just do it stock .
that's what i'm saying.  put two machines with the same set up i.e., stock or same mods in a competition and let the rider truly showcase his/her skills.  otherwise, there's not a clear winner/looser and not worth watching/participating in but that's just me.  i just don't like wasting my time when i know the results before the race even begin.  

as far as my 1999 old bus or any busa goes, i still wouldn't trade it for any of the new smaller sports bikes even if it has twice the power or speed unless it's as attractive and comfortable as the busa.
Exactly what do you think I've been saying.

Before I put 200+rwhp at the back wheel I was making about 168rwhp with pipe and power commander with my 2000 Hayabusa.  My buddies ZX-10R was/is making 165rwhp with pipe and power commander.

In a roll on...If we hit at the same time he would walk away!

In a roll on...If he gave me the hit he would come around me in short order and walk away!

In a roll on...If I gave him the hit he would run away!

The numbers don't lie...His ZX-10R makes 3 rwhp less than my BUSA and weighs 100+pounds less.  What did you really think would happen?

Now just so you don't have to wonder about either of our riding skills...My buddy is a road racer and races in WERA.  We've each been riding for over a decade.

As far as I'm concerned...I'm a drag racer...Bone stock I run 10.1's up in the air...9.9's slammed.

We're both above average riders and consider ourselves to be close to equal in overall riding skills.

Until you race one...You really don't know!
as far as i'm concern, the zx10 and the busa are pretty even stock for stock or w/ the same mods base on the tests i've seen from the pro racer/tester in the 1/4 and top speed.  for example, there was a post here a while back with a 04 gixxer 1k vs. the busa, both had the same mods and the busa still came out a little ahead.  i say if that was the zx10 instead of the gixxer, i think it would be a tied.  stock for stock the busa is still 100lbs more than the gixxer and it only has about 5hp more.  how does the 5 extra ponies make up for the 100lbs of weight, the 20 extra lbs. of torque.  howcome the zx12 haven't been able to dethrone the busa even though it has more hp and less weight cause the busa has more torque.  i haven't race one yet because i don't know anyone personally that owns one so we can set up a safe place to test it but i do know a few fellow busa riders in this forum that spanked some and some got spanked like justmoov.  so as far as i'm concern, both of these bikes are pretty even.  you think the zx10 has an advantage, i say both bikes are even, agree/disagree it's all good.

<!--EDIT|willgetbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097286558 -->

Hahahaha... You know the busa is not the undisputed King anymore when you read a thread like this and see folks sayin' "Go with a big bore or turbo and you won't have to worry about those 10R's with pipes and a little tuning...". The busa was an awesome bike that WAS the undisputed King of the hill. Now it's just an awesome bike, period. Soon the new gixxer will prolly be an even bigger threat than the 10R is now. WTF is Suzuki thinkin'?
rock.gif

Say what you want but the truth is that Suzuki has left the busa alone too long. A litre bike should NEVER have been allowed to get as close to the busa as they have. If they ain't gonna upgrade the busa they may as well do away with it. It will NOT be the same bike when all the litre bikes are spankin' it's ass on a regular basis...
good point bt, cause all the litre bikes finally caught up to the busa in terms of power and speed.  there was a test that showed all the new litre bikes except honda matched the busa's 5 year old numbers in the 1/4 mile i.e., they were all running in the high 9's bone stock.  i agree that the busa is not the "undisputed king" anymore cause the r1 and zx10 pretty much match it's power/speed strive for strive now.  "go with big bore or turbo and you won't have to worry about those 10R's with pipes and a little tuning"....yeah, just imagine the negative responses/b*tch slaps if a busa rider post that in a r1 or zx10 forum.  whether the busa gets further behind the litre bikes or not in the future, i still wouldn't trade my busa for a litre bike unless it appeals to me and it's as comfortable as the busa.  i don't race for a living so the bus has more than enough power/speed for me already.

<!--EDIT|willgetbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097286982 -->

<snip>...whether the busa gets further behind the litre bikes or not, i still wouldn't trade my busa for a litre bike unless it appeals to me and it's as comfortable as the busa. i don't race for a living so the bus has more than enough for me already.
Yeah, I'm not baggin' on the busa. It's still a great bike. I'm baggin' on Suzuki for leavin' it unchanged and lettin' the litre bikes catch up. I can't say I wouldn't trade my busa for a litre bike though. After ridin' the six hunnert the other day I'm more intrigued than ever by the lighter rides like the 10R, R1, and gixxer 1k. I wish I could get on a litre bike for about a half a day so I could get a better idea of what life would be like on one.

Fwiw, I'm no iron butt rider. I've only done a couple of all day rides since I got the busa. I'd be perfectly content haulin' a bike to the mountains, ridin' for a few hours to get my fix and then haulin' it home. Big mileage just isn't my thing. I like the corners and ridin' hard in short stints. The ride to the mountains on the interstate or the boring highways isn't where it's at for me. Don't get me wrong, any ridin' is good, even if it's just to get some lunch or somethin'. It's just that I get the most enjoyment out of a couple hours of the all day rides anyway. The rest of the time, while on the way to the good roads and on the way home my A.D.D. kicks in and I get a little bored unless I'm really railin'.

Add to that the fact that I don't get to ride often enough to become physically "conditioned" for long distance ridin' and the fact is I'm usually pretty damned tired by the time I head home from an all day session of tossin' the big girl around. Even the couch known as the busa gets a little uncomfortable by then.

I dunno... I'm just torn on what my next bike will be.
drooling3.gif

btreaves ... you don't know! I race at Sacramento Raceway against Two other ZX10's. I beat them both all the time. Maybe you should go visit a ZX10 website and leave us alone. The ZX10 is a nice bike but it is niether quicker or faster than a Busa. It all comes down to rider experience and I can tell you that I am not very experienced. I have only 3000 miles of riding experience since March. One ZX10 rider races twisties and trailers the bike everywhere ( it doesn't have plates) the other ZX10 rider has been riding ten plus years and like I said ... I beat them both, QUICKER and FASTER despite the experience factor.  Sooooo.... it must be the BIKE!

btreaves ... you don't know! I race at Sacramento Raceway against Two other ZX10's. I beat them both all the time. Maybe you should go visit a ZX10 website and leave us alone. The ZX10 is a nice bike but it is niether quicker or faster than a Busa. It all comes down to rider experience and I can tell you that I am not very experienced. I have only 3000 miles of riding experience since March. One ZX10 rider races twisties and trailers the bike everywhere ( it doesn't have plates) the other ZX10 rider has been riding ten plus years and like I said ... I beat them both, QUICKER and FASTER despite the experience factor.  Sooooo.... it must be the BIKE!
You've only been riding for 3,000 miles and I'm suppose to consider your riding ability.  I'VE RIDDEN MORE MILES THAN THAT IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS.  I don't know what Sacramento raceway is, but I'm gonna guess that it's a drag strip and when it comes to drag racing it's hard to find a better stock bike than the BUSA.  BTW, what are your times like?  The ZX-10R is a much harder bike to launch and that's what drag racing really comes down to.  That said a friend of mine goes 9.1's on his at over 150mph, but he's a professional drag racer and that's what it takes to drop a number like that.

Now I'm going to address a couple of things.  Torque does not equate in anyway shape or fashion to top speed although it does affect how quickly you get to top speed to some degree...Torque really only equates to twisting force.  That means that the BUSA could pull or twist something more easily than the ZX-10R...BUT 20 foot pounds of torque does not address the weight issue.  THE BUSA IS 100 POUNDS HEAVIER THAN THE ZX-10R.  That is a huge difference...HUGE!!!  And there's not much you can do about that other than loose the weight or get more rwhp.

Trust me when I say this...I know exactly what I'm talking about and I'm not racing just any old body...I'm racing someone that is an AMA Pro Star Drag racer...Who are you racing again?

For the record I smash almost all ZX-10R riders in any straight line race, but I'm a better rider than most of the squids that ride them, so it really doesn't mean much to me.  It means something when you're racing someone as good or better than you...That's when you know you're really doing something.

BTW...In case you were wondering...Here's a link to the gentleman I am speaking of and this is the gentleman that I race with.

http://www.dontbescaredracing.com/video/zx10r_nj.wmv

The number below can be verified here http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/146_perf_nums/

Kawasaki
ZX-10R

60-80mph 2.72 secs
80-100mph 2.67 secs
top speed 186mph
quarter mile 9.92@147.4mph

Suzuki
Hayabusa

60-80mph 3.28 secs
80-100mph 3.47 secs
top speed 189.6
quarter mile 9.97@144.8

<!--EDIT|btreaves
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098217520 -->

Larry Lay? pro drag racer was in a magazine a couple months ago and took a Busa and a ninja12 (both stock) Busa did 9.4 12 did 9.5 . NO ONE is doing 9.1 qtrs on a stock bike . I call bullshit!
rock.gif

If I didn't like the Busa so much I would think about getting a zx10 . Stop laughing everyone it is a nice bike .

Larry Lay? pro drag racer was in a magazine a couple months ago and took a Busa and a ninja12 (both stock) Busa did 9.4 12 did 9.5 . NO ONE is doing 9.1 qtrs on a stock bike . I call bullshit!
rock.gif
Oh yea...I'm sure those bikes were showroom stock.  Give me a break.  I'd love to know what you consider stock.

Anyway, it's my understanding that same gentleman in the video ran an 8.64@162mph at MIR this past weekend.

Bike was slammed, geared, had swing arm extensions and MRX01...Oh it has a pipe and good tune.  Bike makes 165rwhp on pump gas and 5+% more with race fuel.

The numbers don't lie! It's time to reload!

<!--EDIT|btreaves
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098276322 -->

I believe it was in super streetbike mag . I can't find the issue. Both bikes were Stock , After that someone said that a gsx1000is 100lbs lighter and is only 5 hp less it would smash a busa so they did the same thing with them only added exhast, powercom. , 6" ext. . Busa did 8.9 gsxer did 9.1 . But hey if you're ever in town let me know and we'll race .

Back