Dam got beat!!!!

More info about that event is here ...
Lol...
laugh.gif

Like I said time for the 1397 kit!!!!
biggrin.gif

P.S thats the first bike to beat me since I got it, so I think I'm still in pretty good shape..

man just turbocharge it then you wont have to worry about anyone

Since Suzuki hasn't updated the hayabusa significantly since they introduced it, the straightline performance of other sport bikes is going to continue to close.  I imagine that the Hayabusa is probably a huge cash cow for Suzuki since it hasn't required any additional R&D or components.  However, I think that due to the displacement it will continue to be the best tunable bike for a while to come.  With a stroker kit, I think the best I could do on my R1 is ~180 rwhp and with and they don't even make a turbo for my r1('03).

<!--EDIT|r1R00KIE
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1097013575 -->

Bottom line is a stock ZX-10R is quicker/faster than a stock Hayabusa...Trust me, I know!

A ZX-10R with a pipe and a good tune is quicker/faster than a Hayabusa with a pipe and a good tune...Trust me, I know!

But, a ZX-10R with a pipe and a good tune can't do a damn thing with a BUSA making 200+rwhp...Trust me...He knows, I know and now the whole world knows.  He got his wig peeled back so far that I could read his mind.

Moral of the story...Don't bring a knife to a gun battle.
if he didn't bring a 200+hp zx10 to the race then he didn't really loose because he's using a "knife" against a "gun".  this would apply too if a 200+ hp zx10 beat a stock busa or a busa that doesn't have the same mods.  apple versus orange imho.
The BUSA is a pig compared to any of the 1000's where power to weight ratio is concerned. A stock ZX-10R weighs roughly 100 pounds less than a stock Hayabusa. By adding horsepower all I'm doing is evening the odds. 100+ pounds is a huge difference.

Apples to oranges, if's and buts don't much matter to me...In street racing it's run what you brung and hope you brung enough...He obviously thought he brought enough when he took the race, looked over and nodded that he was ready...From that point on he was eating sand and watching me fade into the distance. I won't have to worry about him again until he spends a little more money.

I said it before and I'll say it again...The ZX-10R in stock form is a quicker/faster bike than the Hayabusa as much as I'd hate to admit it, but the facts are the facts.

I'm glad I didn't buy my Busa to be the fastest guy around....hell I almost bought a ZZR1200 instead. I bought the Busa cause I love v-eight torque and wanted something I didn't have to shift continually for a change, handled good (for my needs
wink.gif
 ) and was comfortable for my 6'3" frame. Its wayyy more bike than I'll ever need. I kinda think these fastest pissing contests get a little old. NOTHINGs the fastest for long...(I think the Busas been on top longer than any bike in history) so unless you like the debate or plan on buying a new bike every two years and losing your a$$ on your old one I think its kinda pointless......just my .02 worth
wink.gif
tounge.gif
cool.gif
Besides, when you street race nothings equal...nobody admits what they're really running...and a good rider can whip a mediocre rider on just about anything. According to the worlds magazines which run stock bikes...the ZX-10 hasn't even broken the 9 sec quarter yet.....(god I love stirring the pot
wow.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif
 ) and we KNOW that Suzuki has one thing in mind with the new Gixxer thou...beating the 10...and they will....then Yamaha will beat them...and on and on and on

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: "cause' I done screwed it up!....lol"|1097134921 -->

wink.gif

wink.gif

tounge.gif

How true , Larry Lance ran a STOCK Busa @9.4 1/4 mile of course he is one of the best riders in drag racing ( zx12 did 9.5). Don't think we wil see a zx10 doing that soon
tounge.gif

LOL....don't we all frisbee....and I meant 9 sec 1/4 mile although I typed 10...but you understood perfectly....why? cause your a busa brother....
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

You know its all good. Never race roll ons, there are some cars that can keep you in the 1/4 range but evryone knows the Busa is and will always be King. I have guys look at me like what a tug boat, and then we run and they say "yah but if we were in the twisties" so we go over Laureles and then they say "Damn, how light is that thing!" A good rider is just that. A good bike is just that. there will always be a faster one and always be a better one.

Some believe Ducati has built a faster Moto GP bike, than any other Company because it consistently has higher top ends on the track, but they are not really placing.

And then there's the Strip. Look at lil Dennis he Smoked the competition in spite of the mods.

So unless it's from Dead Stop, it's not.

You don't See Joe Amato or Corey McClennathen doing roll ons in Top Fuel do you???
\
Peace
the Daimyo,
RidersNation Prez

Oh yeah and to rebut the "faster than stock" quote above,

No limiters and two skinny riders, the Busa is bar none the fastest streetbike around. it's Physics the numbers don't lie.
No other stock bike besides a stock busa, can go up there.

The Busa is designed to do one thing and only one thing, go FAST, I have a 12R with the best of everything that Muzzy makes, Everything!, and it is snappier than the busa but I know that the Busa is faster. The busa just has Yoshi Box and stock punched exhaust and a TRE.

My riding partner and I. Both agree Busas Rule!!
Goto dragbike.com and see the fastest 12R it has only run 218. Nowhere near the Shierts Bud Busa at 245.

Oh yeah and to rebut the "faster than stock" quote above,

No limiters and two skinny riders, the Busa is bar none the fastest streetbike around. it's Physics the numbers don't lie.
No other stock bike besides a stock busa, can go up there.

The Busa is designed to do one thing and only one thing, go FAST, I have a 12R with the best of everything that Muzzy makes, Everything!, and it is snappier than the busa but I know that the Busa is faster. The busa just has Yoshi Box and stock punched exhaust and a TRE.

My riding partner and I. Both agree Busas Rule!!
Goto dragbike.com and see the fastest 12R it has only run 218. Nowhere near the Shierts Bud Busa at 245.
Exactly what numbers are you talking about?

Like I said, the BUSA is an awsome bike, but it's not as quick as a ZX-10R. Anyone who can ride who has raced someone on a ZX-10R who can ride will attest to this if they are honest.

Just remember, everyone can't ride.

My bikes in the shop right now being fixed because of a rearend accident . give me three weeks and ANYBODY with a zx10 can ask to race me ! No turbos , no NOS , lets just do it stock .

My bikes in the shop right now being fixed because of a rearend accident . give me three weeks and ANYBODY with a zx10 can ask to race me ! No turbos , no NOS , lets just do it stock .
that's what i'm saying.  put two machines with the same set up i.e., stock or same mods in a competition and let the rider truly showcase his/her skills.  otherwise, there's not a clear winner/looser and not worth watching/participating in but that's just me.  i just don't like wasting my time when i know the results before the race even begin.  

as far as my 1999 old bus or any busa goes, i still wouldn't trade it for any of the new smaller sports bikes even if it has twice the power or speed unless it's as attractive and comfortable as the busa.

<!--EDIT|willgetbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097215932 -->

that's what i'm saying.  put two machines with the same set up i.e., stock or same mods in a competition and let the rider truly showcase his/her skills.  otherwise, there's not a clear winner/looser and not worth watching/participating in but that's just me.  i just don't like wasting my time when i know the results before the race even begin.  

as far as my 1999 old bus or any busa goes, i still wouldn't trade it for any of the new smaller sports bikes even if it has twice the power or speed unless it's as attractive and comfortable as the busa.
Exactly what do you think I've been saying.

I was making about 168rwhp with pipe and power commander with my 2000 Hayabusa.  My buddies ZX-10R was/is making 165rwhp with pipe and power commander.

In a roll on...If we hit at the same time he would walk away!

In a roll on...If he gave me the hit he would come around me in short order and walk away!

In a roll on...If I gave him the hit he would run away!

The numbers don't lie...His ZX-10R makes 3 rwhp less than my BUSA and weighs 100+pounds less.  What did you really think would happen?

Now just so you don't have to wonder about either of our riding skills...My buddy is a road racer and races in WERA.  We've each been riding for over a decade.

As far as I'm concerned...I'm a drag racer...Bone stock I run 10.1's up in the air...9.9's slammed.

We're both above average riders and consider ourselves to be close to equal in overall riding skills.

Until you race one...You really don't know!

<!--EDIT|btreaves
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098470672 -->

Back