Dam got beat!!!!

jusmoov

Registered
Dam man doing 2nd gear roll ons i got beat by a ZX 10, Me: Brock full sys. air box mod 16 41 gears PCF111. 180 lbs Him: Akra full sys down one front up 2 back prob about 190 lbs.
DAM DAM DAM.!!! Time for 1397 kit!! I cant have this! Am i alone or did anyone else have this problem. And, I have been riding for 14 yrs so it's not rider error.

Why not from a dead start?
rock.gif
Second gear roll-ons at what mph? Just curious. How far were you two going? You should have started reeling him in.
rock.gif

rock.gif

We started at about 70 he pulled ahead by like 2 bikes. Belive me im not proud to admit it. We only went about a 1/2 mile

I ride with 2 of them, it's just who ever gets the jump. We have never done any serious racing but I'm afriad it would likely turn out the same as your deal. I feel like I'm on a pocket bike when I ride their 10's. Plus, for some reason they don't feel as fast as the busa, but they are....power just comes on different. Devon ran a 9.71 in tulsa last week, second pass ever! Weighs all of 125 and is really good. Then, he got on Jay's busa and ran a 9.80, first time he had ever ridden it!!

I hear all the time in here how we should be able to crunch the 1000s.  I think its wishful thinking.  Those 1000s are lite and have hp.  Sure we have more torque but we are dragging 100 more lbs.  Wait till the 05 suk 1000 come out.....
crazy.gif

<!--EDIT|gsteve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1096771423 -->

I hear all the in here how we should be able to cruch the 1000s.  I think its wishful thinking.  Those 1000s are lite and have hp.  Sure we have more torque but we are dragging 100 more lbs.  Wait till the 05 suk 1000 come out.....
crazy.gif
you also have more HP and gearing. Start at a speed not at a gearing, makes a big difference.

If he put the Akro system on there he's got a few more goodies that come alone with it...That system with the goodies is supposed to enhance the performance greatly...
evil.gif

Know your strong speeds. Pick a speed to start at like 50mph, which would be your first gear. Yhe bikes you ran could even be geared up. Hell my 1st gear is good up to 89mph. Don't let someone fool you into thinking lets start in a gear gearing is different on most bikes and easy to change on all bikes. So pick a speed that works for you and the other guy or rpm's

Know your strong speeds.  Pick a speed to start at like 50mph, which would be your first gear.  Yhe bikes you ran could even be geared up.  Hell my 1st gear is good up to 89mph.  Don't let someone fool you into thinking lets start in a gear gearing is different on most bikes and easy to change on all bikes. So pick a speed that works for you and the other guy or rpm's
NE...Is right on the money...If your out with your friends and you just want to compare your bikes that's cool...Say for instance you and a friend decide to do 2nd gear rolls ons to see who gets out front first and if the other bike can catch it...But if your racing someone even if that someone is a friend you better know where your bike starts to make the power and be in the gear that brings on the power fast...One bike might make power in 3rd gear at 70mph where another makes its power in 2nd gear at 70mph...I've raced friends many times and one might say "Man I was in third gear" and I may have been in 2nd and my response would be "I can't ride your bike and mine too"...
evil.gif

so what your saying is if my bike makes x amount of torque at 7k and thier bike makes y amount of torque at 7k as long as x > y then i win right
umnik.gif

I really don't give a crap about this. The Busa is a different type of motorcycle. Its heavier, longer. I like that. Its more on the "cruiser" side of sportbikes. My gf loves riding with me. I don't want one of those minibikes.

The 10 might win at first, but Im sure the busa would pull away around 160 or so, like the other guys were saying, the busa is alot heavier. Once you get that weight moving though I don't think the 10 could keep up

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the new litre bikes ain't no joke. If you hand a 10 rider his ass you either had a better game or you've got more mods. Stock vs. stock pretty much comes down to rider game until you hit the extreme upper limits.

Don't worry though, at least it was a 10R. A guy on a 600 on another board handed a new busa owner his ass because the busa rider was an inexperienced rider and stood the fuggin' thing up while the 600 rocketed away.
drooling3.gif

I'm not surprised to hear of the 10 out pulling a busa. It's called "Evolution" All the bikes are moving ahead and the busa, once the dominate muscle bound scooter on the block has had no significant updates since it showed up on the market. I have a Gixxer 1k, and although I have never ran it against a busa, I have always felt it pulls just as hard as my busa? I have a feeling when the new Gixxer's arrive with it's additional 17 HP, there may be lots of busa owners eating a little crow. Only time will tell but I wouldn't go betting the farm on a busa out pulling the new Gixxer?

All four of the big Japanesee bike makers now have their bikes so blazing fast that only the top one or two percent of riders can ride them to their maximum potential. So, for most of us, more HP is only for bragging rights.

It's obvious that the motorcycle companies are putting their R&D into the liter bikes as those are the bikes on the road track making money for them. It's all about business and money. The Busa is still the best bike in its class!

It's obvious that the motorcycle companies are putting their R&D into the liter bikes as those are the bikes on the road track making money for them. It's all about business and money. The Busa is still the best bike in its class!
Amen.

The busa and the 10R certainly aren't in the same class. I know, master of the obvious, me, but the point should be stressed.

The busa is an open class GT machine.

I don't know about you guys, but even if a 10R is a slightly quicker machine on a good day, I'm not so sure I'd want to take any of these supersports on a nine hour non-stop (except for gas) to the Colorado Rockies as I recently did on my comfy couch of a Hayabusa.

The Bus is the best of all worlds, blazingly fast but with comfort and room the hyperbikes will never match.

And I'm just fine with that . . .

Back