Dallas, is this true?????

gurrera

Registered
You Gotta Love Texas***The City of Dallas , Texas passed an ordinancestating that if a driver is pulled over by law enforcementand is not able to provide proof of Insurance, the car is towed.
To retrieve the car after being impounded, they must showproof of insurance to have the car released.
This has made it easy for the City of Dallas to remove uninsured cars.Shortly after the "No Insurance" ordinance was passed,the Dallas impound lots began to fill up and were fullafter only nine days.
Over 80%of the impounded cars were driven by illegals.
Now, not only must they provide proof of insurance tohave their car released, they have to pay for the cost of the tow,a *$350fine, and *$20for every day their car is keptin the lot.Guess what?
Accident rates have gone down *47%and Dallas ' solutiongets uninsured drivers off the road *WITHOUT* makingthem show proof of nationality.
I Wonder how Holder's US Justice Departmentwill get around this one.* * * *
*** Just brings tears to your eyes doesn't it? *****GO Dallas***

Gurrera

Don't see anything on snopes or Google about it but good for them!!!

One thing though...did you copy this from an email? The words are jumbled to much to be a news site copy...

minnesota already does this. they tow cars left and right all the time. though it seems to be at the discression of the officer. ive been stopped with no insurance and was let go. mostly because it was my freshly built first time being driven 85 camaro it didnt even have the hood on yet. i was stopped 2 blocks from home told the officer i was just testing her out and he wrote me a ticket.

I live in Dallas and as far as I know this is true and being enforced. In fact the police officers have access to insurance databases to verify coverage before they pull you over.

Its about time, my little sister got hit in 2004 near Dallas, by a illegal who didn't have insurance. She asked for his insurance and he said he didn't have any and he told her to call the cops if she like all that would happen to him would he would go to jail or be shipped home and be back in a month. He worked a deal out with my sister to fix her car free of charge at one of his cousins shops, so it all worked out.

They can tell by your plate if you have Ins or not.

They should run every car they can, to make sure. That way we can drop uninsured motorist from our policies....we are just paying for others insurance.

Back