DAINESE D-AIR CUSTOM TRACK SUIT & VEST

Walris

Registered
Last weekend was my first track day with a custom-made Dainese D-Air suit.
Quick impression: Heavy in the hand, not on your back. Hot. Other race leathers are much, much cooler. (Was 101 degrees track side). Fits well (it should for a custom-made) and relatively comfortable. Excellent workmanship. Hopefully it will break in and be easier to slip on and off.
That said, the Air-Bag made me a more confident rider. I was willing to go a bit deeper in turns, brake a tad harder and accelerate faster without the niggling fear of another disastrous high side resulting in (another) shattered collar bone and ribs. Made me a bit more secure, not cocky. I know it works. A racing friend walked away unscathed from a crash last year, which inspired my purchase.
As for the D-Air vest, I suggest it is must-have safety equipment, like gloves and a quality helmet.
Only have had it two weeks. Cost $700. Worth every cent.
Quick impression: Heavy in hand, not on back. Surprisingly cool - even in south Florida sun. Mesh breathes well. Great airflow. Relatively water resistant. Dries fast after Florida monsoon. Adjustable fit - over or under jacket. Don't really know you have it on.
Didn't really impact my street riding. But did give me mental comfort.
It's good gear.

Last weekend was my first track day with a custom-made Dainese D-Air suit.
Quick impression: Heavy in the hand, not on your back. Hot. Other race leathers are much, much cooler. (Was 101 degrees track side). Fits well (it should for a custom-made) and relatively comfortable. Excellent workmanship. Hopefully it will break in and be easier to slip on and off.
That said, the Air-Bag made me a more confident rider. I was willing to go a bit deeper in turns, brake a tad harder and accelerate faster without the niggling fear of another disastrous high side resulting in (another) shattered collar bone and ribs. Made me a bit more secure, not cocky. I know it works. A racing friend walked away unscathed from a crash last year, which inspired my purchase.
As for the D-Air vest, I suggest it is must-have safety equipment, like gloves and a quality helmet.
Only have had it two weeks. Cost $700. Worth every cent.
Quick impression: Heavy in hand, not on back. Surprisingly cool - even in south Florida sun. Mesh breathes well. Great airflow. Relatively water resistant. Dries fast after Florida monsoon. Adjustable fit - over or under jacket. Don't really know you have it on.
Didn't really impact my street riding. But did give me mental comfort.
It's good gear.
Hi. I am having a custom suit made by Heroic leathers.It is made from kangaroo. It is only 8 lbs.

Todd (heroic) does great work, but he can be slow - and my wife's experience with him indicates he's a bit unreliable.
He owes her gloves after two or three years (pre-paid in full) and won't return texts/calls.
That said, Todd's suit (kangaroo) pretty much held up when she crashed at Roebling, though we took to an Orlando custom suit maker for repairs.
Just stay on his case.
Kangaroo is great. Love the light weight.
This should say everything: There's a reason we went to Dainese.

Todd (heroic) does great work, but he can be slow - and my wife's experience with him indicates he's a bit unreliable.
He owes her gloves after two or three years (pre-paid in full) and won't return texts/calls.
That said, Todd's suit (kangaroo) pretty much held up when she crashed at Roebling, though we took to an Orlando custom suit maker for repairs.
Just stay on his case.
Kangaroo is great. Love the light weight.
This should say everything: There's a reason we went to Dainese.
Hi. Thanks for the info. I would do something to fix the glove problem. I also need him to make me a custom pair of gloves. I do not want armor on the pointer finger or thumb as I have to work switchers as I ride. I have A star gloves and they do not work for me.

Back