Daddy's new bike

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
My dad got himself an 02 Yamaha Road Star (midnight star) with a bunch of mods and goodies done to it. It was my uncle's bike before he bought his Harley Ultraglide. This bike is loud as F! because it has the baffles out. I need to go ride with my dad sometime (once he actually starts to ride it!).

Forgot to post this....

PB183783.jpg

I really like the " Road Star" bikes. A friend of mine had a black '99 Roadstar.....really nice ride...Jay

sweet...I'm itching for a 2nd bike and am leaning hard for a V-twin...yamaha at that.

He rode it for the first time (1st time on a bike for him in over 30yrs) and I rode my Busa behind him as a spotter in case....

He looked a wee bit shaky but he said he felt good and the bike shifted smoothly. He knows he needs work on slow turns (which I think is the hardest thing to master) and he almost lost it coming out of the driveway! But he was able to keep it on the road and did just fine the rest of the way. We went down a fast road with no traffic and then I followed him around the neighborhood... he didn't crash, so that's a good start! When we stopped at this convenient store parking lot to turn around to head back I told him he looked like he was trying too hard during corners and to just apply a little pressure on the grips while turing and the bike will do the rest. He took that advice and said he felt better. I thought for sure when the ride was over he was going to go "nah, i'll just sell it. riding again's not for me."... but he didn't. He had fun. So it's all cool....

I am considering a V Star family ride for the "other" days I want to cruise around. Your pops got the bigga bike though, and she's a beaut! Congrats on the bike and helping him back into the saddle!

Nice lookin Bike and BIG!! Tell your dad to take it easy til he gets used to it. 30 years is a long time to be not riding and then be on something that big!!

Back