D&D slip on help...

card16969

Registered
Ok i just ordered a set of used D&D carbon fiber slip ons for my 03 off ebay the guy had them for buy it now 300 obo that has a small gouge in the trim ring but accepted my offer for 100 shipped. So trying to install them, the area where it slides onto the stock header pipe slides over the first part of the header but when it gets to the second part where it could go either over or under the lip is the exact same diameter as the lip.... is it supposed to go over or under the lip.... anybody dealt with this before?

I thought the Gen I's were bolt ons and not slip ons. Pictures would help.

heres the pipe as a whole..
IMAG0189.jpg

heres the neck where theres supposed to be a clamp that i have to come up with where it would bolt onto the factory pipe if it was a bolt on
IMAG0190.jpg

and heres the problem area.... its loose on the inner pipe the same size as the spacer type thing and too small to fit around the spacer... i tried opening up the flanges on the other side but the inner pip is too big to fit inside of the downpipe past where its flanged open.
IMAG0191.jpg

not sure if im just supposed to get some clamps and tighten it down or what.... out of all the pipes ive done they have always been full systems ive never done slip ons.

well i just found out that the effing idiot sold me the pipes from a full system and sold the header and my clamps seperately and never stated in the description that it was from a full system.... FML if i would have known i woud have bought the header too and had the full system for under 200....

sure thats a slip on and not part of a full exhaust ??? My slip on muffler bolted on after I unbolted the stock muffler my mid pipe stayed stock

edit never mind I see you got it sorted

sure thats a slip on and not part of a full exhaust ??? My slip on muffler bolted on after I unbolted the stock muffler my mid pipe stayed stock

edit never mind I see you got it sorted

i just got the better end of this, he called me and the guy he sold the header to wanted a stock header so is sending it back and hes refunding the guys money and for $100 hes sending me the header............. so for $200 total im going to have a full D&D system

glad it worked it our but i think you going to have to flash and tune it now though

Back