Cyclops L.E.D. Headlight video install , and review

Ehh I'm not sure I'm that impressed. Sure its easier to install than a retrofit but for $100 for projectors and base HIDs from DDM + about a days time, I think you'd have better output. Pics I'm sharing are of the Ultra HID kit so add $55.

Here is why I'm not impressed and I could be wrong on my assumptions but it looks like with your high beams on it went 12 sidewalk blocks + a driveway. Say those blocks are 4 feet wide and the driveway is 12 ft wide you are only getting 60ft of light distance with you high beams on.

Now I hope my pictures load with quality but in the high beam picture that tree is 328ft away. Now I don't think I could consider that full light down there so let's take half of that away because you can see my neighbors driveway thats 160ft away.

I couldn't quite make out any landmarks in the low beam, but rough estimate since you can see a Small tree to the left in the high beam photo thats not visible in the low beam. But if you were to go across frame of photo and get a marker it appears that tree is about 50ft away and you can see the low beam is throwing light much farther than just that.

Food for thought but for someone that is by no means a professional when it comes to tool working but I can get around you anyone should seriously consider doing a retrofit.

Sorry to detract from thread, as I said I appreciate your content and all you do for the site but if anyone needs real lighting for backroads or safety I don't think I could recommend LED bulbs.

View attachment 1617456

View attachment 1617457

View attachment 1617458

Edit: since the photo doesn't have as much quality the tree in the high beam you can't quite make out but you can see the garage doors, they are 400 ft away from where I was taking the photo.

Dude can't rave enough about your retrofit.
04 was nice enough to build a retrofit headlight with projectors. I bought it and damn its awesome. Super damn bright

Karl I'm confused on end cap / globe ?

Foreign bikes have a reflective cover over the low beams built within the headlight. Maybe talking about that?

Not usa bikes I should actually say

That would make sense...
Don't know what difference it makes tho..

@c10 its been awhile since you installed these just curious if your still liking them or not? I know when I first installed the cheap ones I have I did like them but lately just doesn't seem bright enough. Im a little night blind so I need all the light I can get, I liked the output of the silver bulbs but they kept blowing on me and I kept losing the receipt so I couldn't warranty them. At this point I don't care if it's led or halogen I just need a really bright light and unless I can find the guts and time to retrofit for hid I don't wanna go that route again.

Reactions: c10
Shawn they seem pretty good to me , but RJ has been apart , and little riding for last month doing rack mods , welding , powder coating , titanium , bla bla bla . ;) you could do the little fog spot lights I use to run . I can send you my fork mounts ( reflector stand offs )

Shawn they seem pretty good to me , but RJ has been apart , and little riding for last month doing rack mods , welding , powder coating , titanium , bla bla bla . ;) you could do the little fog spot lights I use to run . I can send you my fork mounts ( reflector stand offs )
Ive read your post about those lights a few times and considered ordering some and I kept my reflector standoffs after I seen that's how u mounted them but for now im trying to not have to add them if I can find a good headlight that lasts, I guess for now I'll throw a silver star back in it and put the receipt under lock and key for when it blows since they don't seem to last more then a couple months for me.

Reactions: c10
Back