20200422_174100.jpg

20200422_212536.jpg

20200423_130328.jpg

20200422_174111.jpg

20200423_130316.jpg

20200422_174114.jpg

20200422_174133.jpg

20200423_075255.jpg

Gonna have to order a high beam at least!
The low appears to be just a heat sink and no fan? Have heard mixed reviews on no fan LED bulbs.

I've run no fan LED bulbs in a car successfully, but LED bulbs don't throw light down the road as effectively in my experience. I do find it interesting that they'll illuminate reflective material much further than incandescent bulbs, but the visible light output is worse. I'm sure there's a scientific explanation for it, but idk what it is...

I have tinkered with a few LED low beam bulbs already 04LE , and you are correct . the pattern was more FLOOD light close up , but terrible down the road . The reason I decided to do this was prior experience with Cycplos on a KTM 1190R Adventure . It flat lit the road up without its PRO light bar kit from them .
Second was to provide feed back for the Org members to make their own choice off what I've provided .
Tonight I plan to roll RJ out to see how this system works in the dark .

I've run no fan LED bulbs in a car successfully, but LED bulbs don't throw light down the road as effectively in my experience. I do find it interesting that they'll illuminate reflective material much further than incandescent bulbs, but the visible light output is worse. I'm sure there's a scientific explanation for it, but idk what it is...
Believe this is just one case where the aftermarket has not caught up to the OEMs.

I have tinkered with a few LED low beam bulbs already 04LE , and you are correct . the pattern was more FLOOD light close up , but terrible down the road . The reason I decided to do this was prior experience with Cycplos on a KTM 1190R Adventure . It flat lit the road up without its PRO light bar kit from them .
Second was to provide feed back for the Org members to make their own choice off what I've provided .
Tonight I plan to roll RJ out to see how this system works in the dark .

Well interested to see the night results and appreciate the effort you do in bringing good content to the site.

Ehh I'm not sure I'm that impressed. Sure its easier to install than a retrofit but for $100 for projectors and base HIDs from DDM + about a days time, I think you'd have better output. Pics I'm sharing are of the Ultra HID kit so add $55.

Here is why I'm not impressed and I could be wrong on my assumptions but it looks like with your high beams on it went 12 sidewalk blocks + a driveway. Say those blocks are 4 feet wide and the driveway is 12 ft wide you are only getting 60ft of light distance with you high beams on.

Now I hope my pictures load with quality but in the high beam picture that tree is 328ft away. Now I don't think I could consider that full light down there so let's take half of that away because you can see my neighbors driveway thats 160ft away.

I couldn't quite make out any landmarks in the low beam, but rough estimate since you can see a Small tree to the left in the high beam photo thats not visible in the low beam. But if you were to go across frame of photo and get a marker it appears that tree is about 50ft away and you can see the low beam is throwing light much farther than just that.

Food for thought but for someone that is by no means a professional when it comes to tool working but I can get around you anyone should seriously consider doing a retrofit.

Sorry to detract from thread, as I said I appreciate your content and all you do for the site but if anyone needs real lighting for backroads or safety I don't think I could recommend LED bulbs.

20181114_185649.jpg

20181114_185658.jpg

20200424_090837.jpg

Edit: since the photo doesn't have as much quality the tree in the high beam you can't quite make out but you can see the garage doors, they are 400 ft away from where I was taking the photo.

I keep going back and forth on the need for LeDs. I love the cleaner light beam, but also feel they dont project further than my current HID. Thought of just using an LeD for lows and keeping my HID for high. Guess I got time to tinker right now...
Troy

Reactions: c10
Hi c10, I noticed your lowbeam doesn't have the end cap/cup thingy that sits at the top of the globe assy. May I ask what was the benifit or removing it or was it part of the instructions for the newer globes?
Thanks

Foreign bikes have a reflective cover over the low beams built within the headlight. Maybe talking about that?

Not usa bikes I should actually say

Back