TurkishRiders.Org
Donating Member
Registered
01-118.jpg

02-89.jpg

03-71.jpg

04-64.jpg

(Scans from CycleWorld March 2008)

Lets go ahead and add that it looks hideous to that list of downs!
beerchug.gif

That coincides with what Sport Rider concluded. We knew all along though
laugh.gif

Must admit that there is a whisker of a difference between them though. It probably depends on who is riding on the street as to who gets to the end point quicker - not that any of us would think of racing a Kawi
tounge.gif

I don't love the 2008 Kawi front nor the Busa back.... could there be a merger here - photoshop anyone? Although I'll admit "our" rear-ends are starting to grow on me.

Ran an 08 ZX-14 and my Gen 1 back to back on our LBS dyno. 8 HP difference, my 149 to his 158. No 08 Busa there so couldn't do a direct comparison.
It was a St Judes fundraiser event and there were plenty of people around, my bike won the
drools.gif
contest against the grey 14 hands down though.
laugh.gif

Ran an 08 ZX-14 and my Gen 1 back to back on our LBS dyno. 8 HP difference, my 149 to his 158. No 08 Busa there so couldn't do a direct comparison.
It was a St Judes fundraiser event and there were plenty of people around, my bike won the  
drools.gif
laugh.gif
that's 9 hp. but who's counting
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

when you underlined the "no faster than the hayabusa"
you forgot to show the negatives of the busa ......it says the same "no faster than the zx14"

I thought they were just staying out of the fight untill you read the last paragragh line..

and who posted that their GSX1000R was faster than a the busa in stock trim? shouldnt they be trying to outrun the liter bike?
rock.gif
lurk.gif

Look at the front of the kawi... does it not look like a demon smiley with a grill across his pearly whites? Love the beady little eyes

drools.gif
laugh.gif
that's 9 hp. but who's counting
laugh.gif
Yep, your right. With 08s, and 58s I was on an 8s roll I guess.
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

Well finish the last line of the article...

"But when it comes to picking the perfect partner for a night on the town or several days on the road, there is not a better balance of power, finesse, smoothness and grace than the Kawasaki ZX-14. Cha cha cha."

now then, love my Gen 1 Busa and she will never leave my side but I think the big "S" sold us out (loyal busa owners) for the cheap, bottom line dollar. Instead of an all new no holds bar azz kicking upgrade, after 10 years of NOTHING...they gives us a few more CCs courtesy of a longer stroke (read cheap way for them to gain some hp) and higher compression ratio...and we get a bike that can compete (oh yea) with the zx 14.

Oh were a few miliseconds ahead in a 1/4 mile, but I rode a 14 (and that was an '07) and it is sweet and smooth, did I mention it was smooth? And the brakes totally kick arse right outa the box. Very immpressive machine. Heck I got steel lines and ebc pads on my gen 1 and I still aren't up to a stock 14 braking system. (they shoulda updated our brakes 5 years ago, wth?)

I love Celine and she always be mine and is a fantastic machine in her own right but should I get a hold of some cash and get to buy bike #2...it will be a zx-14. Suzuki can keep their spin off sitcom with the hideous tail.

As I look back at the latter 90s bike wars, everyone upping the speed and power in incriments and the blackbird hit...what 150/160 mph and Suzuki killed the flea with the sledgehammer and dropped a 186 mph machine on the world. So to, the other bike makers thru in the towel...where are those same managment types of Suzuki that took that approach, my guess is they are long replaced by the bean counter.

"But when it comes to picking the perfect partner for a night on the town or several days on the road, there is not a better balance of power, finesse, smoothness and grace than the Kawasaki ZX-14. Cha cha cha."

now then, love my Gen 1 Busa and she will never leave my side but I think the big "S" sold us out (loyal busa owners) for the cheap, bottom line dollar. Instead of an all new no holds bar azz kicking upgrade, after 10 years of NOTHING...they gives us a few more CCs courtesy of a longer stroke (read cheap way for them to gain some hp) and higher compression ratio...and we get a bike that can compete (oh yea) with the zx 14.

Oh were a few miliseconds ahead in a 1/4 mile, but I rode a 14 (and that was an '07) and it is sweet and smooth, did I mention it was smooth? And the brakes totally kick arse right outa the box. Very immpressive machine. Heck I got steel lines and ebc pads on my gen 1 and I still aren't up to a stock 14 braking system. (they shoulda updated our brakes 5 years ago, wth?)

I love Celine and she always be mine and is a fantastic machine in her own right but should I get a hold of some cash and get to buy bike #2...it will be a zx-14. Suzuki can keep their spin off sitcom with the hideous tail.

As I look back at the latter 90s bike wars, everyone upping the speed and power in incriments and the blackbird hit...what 150/160 mph and Suzuki killed the flea with the sledgehammer and dropped a 186 mph machine on the world. So to, the other bike makers thru in the towel...where are those same managment types of Suzuki that took that approach, my guess is they are long replaced by the bean counter.
I guess it really depends on what you like. Personally, I think the 14 looks hidious, but thats just me. However, I am going to by a Concours one of these days. Don't know about you, but I've ridden several 600 to 700 mile days on my Busa, and I never felt it was all that uncomfortable. Maybe I'm just an iron butt though. Personally, I like the Gen 1 Busas. I thought is was great when I got a firesale price on my 07. I have no desire to own one of the Gen 2's.

Just goes to show you...everyone here has an opinion, and they're welcome to 'em!

Enjoy the ride, ya'llz!

03.jpg

I guess it really depends on what you like.  Personally, I think the 14 looks hidious, but thats just me.  However, I am going to by a Concours one of these days.  Don't know about you, but I've ridden several 600 to 700 mile days on my Busa, and I never felt it was all that uncomfortable. Maybe I'm just an iron butt though.   Personally, I like the Gen 1 Busas.  I thought is was great when I got a firesale price on my 07.  I have no desire to own one of the Gen 2's.
Oh I love the gen 1 busa and got 21,000 on my '06, I'll take my '06 over a 14 (just based on looks alone)...I just think Zuk counted pennies and didn't go all out on the second Gen busa. Zuk had the chance to blow away the competition yet again but they chose not to leaving the 14 to be a better all around bike.

Plus the fact that they haven't touched the bike in 10 years, while the 1000s/750s/600s have been updated every 2 years leaves me feeling like they could have/should have done much more.

The Concours looks interesting, I am going to ride one in daytona in a couple weeks.

BTW-Another Kudos to Kawi...they are the only ones at the speedway (bikeweek) to have any kahonees. They're the only ones to bring the sport bikes for demo rides. When I was there in October, Suzuki didn't even have an '08 busa on display much less to ride. And the Suzuki demo ride was poorly run by morons.
kawasiki brings the zx-14, zx-10s, and concours...Suzuki brings the SVs...oooh....I'm giddy.

Yeah,

There's a frickin News Bulletin .......
thumb_up.gif

And I'll never get sick of proving it either !!!!!!
firedevil.gif

I guess it really depends on what you like.  Personally, I think the 14 looks hidious, but thats just me.  However, I am going to by a Concours one of these days.  Don't know about you, but I've ridden several 600 to 700 mile days on my Busa, and I never felt it was all that uncomfortable. Maybe I'm just an iron butt though.   Personally, I like the Gen 1 Busas.  I thought is was great when I got a firesale price on my 07.  I have no desire to own one of the Gen 2's.
Oh I love the gen 1 busa and got 21,000 on my '06, I'll take my '06 over a 14 (just based on looks alone)...I just think Zuk counted pennies and didn't go all out on the second Gen busa. Zuk had the chance to blow away the competition yet again but they chose not to leaving the 14 to be a better all around bike.

Plus the fact that they haven't touched the bike in 10 years, while the 1000s/750s/600s have been updated every 2 years leaves me feeling like they could have/should have done much more.

The Concours looks interesting, I am going to ride one in daytona in a couple weeks.

BTW-Another Kudos to Kawi...they are the only ones at the speedway (bikeweek) to have any kahonees. They're the only ones to bring the sport bikes for demo rides. When I was there in October, Suzuki didn't even have an '08 busa on display much less to ride. And the Suzuki demo ride was poorly run by morons.
kawasiki brings the zx-14, zx-10s, and concours...Suzuki brings the SVs...oooh....I'm giddy.
I hear you, they could have done more to make it bigger and better. It would have been nice to see them come out with something like they did in 99 and blow the socks off everyone. If you ride the Concours, would you post up and let me know what you think. If I can ever get rid of the Harley I've been trying to see your a year and a half, I think I going to buy one.

they shoulda done a 1400cc PLUS machine (200 rear whp minimum) with dual conterbalancers. Leaving no doubt who the king is. And it should be designed to reach that number without stressing the engine, lower compression ratio etc.

Make sure the tranny is first rate glass and strong as well as premium brakes, the fastest bike in the world deserves the best brakes in the business.

Do something about that tail, the front end looks great.

Oh yeah...
pillepalle.gif
and I can figure out all the hubub and the selling point of a switch on my bike to make it go SLOWER...wthell? Traction Control
rofl.gif

Back