Cyber bullies, ………….advice please!

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I know I don't post here much but would like to hear some advice about Cyber bullying.
A dear friend on another forum is experiencing this and she has never posted a single word that would warrant this type of abuse other than someone just being a douche. She is an elderly lady with a heart of gold and wishes to continue posting on a daily basis but is apprehensive about doing so if this keeps up.
I know this happens and is often a byproduct of boredom from azzhats on the internet but would like to help her deal with this on a human level. Ignoring is one thing, but is there any other method (not legal reporting) but more humanistic ways to deal and curb this behavior?
Seems to me that the more we interact on social media, the less we actually interact on a human level.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Bubba

Only thng is contact the people that run the site she is posting on,explain what is happening and they cab ban that person,had this problem many times on a site i had years ago with the battlefield 2 game...funny how people hide behind thier computers...

What's your objection to legal reporting? Laws are being passed to help stop this type thing. Maybe if they got actual REAL consequences, it would send them the message you want.

A less legal way is to let some IT experts (we have a few here), that can track an IP down to the physical location that typed the words. Pay them a visit.

I would also, contact the mods of that particular forum and report it to them. If the site has moderators, they could warn the offending party or even ban them from the site.

If a specific threat is made against the woman then call the FBI and report it. If it is just some creeps pushing her around verbally, with no threats, then yes, go to the site Admin for help. I am an Admin on another forum and you wouldn't believe what I can do..... :laugh:

Is this abuse via PM or public posting? If it's public posting, then the mods should deal with it quickly, especially if reported. If they don't then she doesn't need to be on their site.

If it's PM's: Report to Mods and see if they deal with it. If not, publicly post them and let the membership see what kind of scumbag the person is...

Is this abuse via PM or public posting? If it's public posting, then the mods should deal with it quickly, especially if reported. If they don't then she doesn't need to be on their site.

If it's PM's: Report to Mods and see if they deal with it. If not, publicly post them and let the membership see what kind of scumbag the person is...

LOL. True this. My G/F, against my recommendations, joined an M-109 board, when I bought the 109 for her to ride. It didn't take long for the macho machos to start beating their chest. Having dealt with guys like this her whole professional life, she let them keep chest thumping. She didn't take their crap but she was aware of the rules of the board. Inevitably it would escalate to the point where the board Admins stepped in and would delete the thread when they crossed the lines. She then started getting PM'd with all sorts of threats and harassments. She then asked the Admins to NOT delete the threads, instead lock them and leave them up for all to see. This initially emboldened them more. It escalating to Put a Bullet in her head comments being publicly made. The board members pretty much castrated these guys in public. They eventually decided they were the ones that were looking bad and they stopped. They ended up either being suspended or they left on their own.

At the end of the day, they are cowards. Using the internet to try and make themselves out to be bad a**es. Quite simply, you simply turn off the computer and forget about them. The chicken shyts are never gonna have anything in their real lives that will amount to anything, so they try and compensate for their miserable lives by belittling who they think they can.

When I spent 5 months in brain re-hab after getting run over the Brain Bucket doctors and nurses were all getting advanced schooling to deal with internet krap.

Gone are the good old days of alcohol and crack cocain,gambling and sex addiction...

Enter the New Age of Internet Addiction.

This site is awesome with good people. Its actual reality here. We have meet and greets,ride together,help each other out with everything from bike problems to how to fix a leaky roof, deep fry a turkey,take a better photograph....you name it.

These other sites where its all fantasy and mind games...where the people NEVER meet one another...well thats all KRAP.

IT IS SUPER COOL to be us.:bowdown:

IT SUKKS to be them. :laugh:

RSD.

Thanks everyone, the information has been passed to her and I hope she will heed the advice.
She is an elderly lady that posts daily to keep up with her friends and has never posted a bad word in her entire time on her blog. She is retired and only wishes to talk online but some people just can't handle the fact that she is happy and keep sending her hate mail.
I hope the mods can help her on this, and I thank all of you for your advice!
Take care and ride safe my brothers.
Bubba

Back