Cutting the stock undertail

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
To all those that have cut the stock undertail shovel off... what's the best way to do it? Also, could somebody post up some pics of it without the tag on so I can see what it looks like? Thanks.

I'm thinking about cutting it as a cheap/free alternative to buying an undertail because I don't have the money to burn on one right now...

i used a dremel with a cut off wheel. with around the seam just above the turn signals to the back and just left just enough to mount the license bracket to

DSCF0537__Large_.JPG

i used a ufo led with a bulit in intrgrator. a friend who is doing his is mounting the turns on the plate bolts. found the turn signals that mount on plate on e-bay. far as legal not sure. i`ve been stoped but it was not for signals.

I want to shave mine down, but worried I won't make a clean cut and ruin it completely.

I used a razor knife.. that way I could trim a little here and there until it was all even. I kept the holes for the stock blinkers (put in short stalks) and went right underneath the tag holder.. I'll see if I have any pics here at work. If not I'll post them tonight.

I used a razor knife.. that way I could trim a little here and there until it was all even. I kept the holes for the stock blinkers (put in short stalks) and went right underneath the tag holder.. I'll see if I have any pics here at work. If not I'll post them tonight.
Thanks. Could you show me what it looks like without the tag on?

If I cut mine, I'll do it to where I leave on the stock blinkers... and get it high enough so the tag covers up where it's cut.

Cut it and if it looks like S#$@ then buy the under tail later when you have the cash. Or buy a cheap used one from someone who replaced the OEM tail. If you take your time it will be fine. I have modded car bumpers this way and they looked just fine.

i used a dremel with a cut off wheel. with around the seam just above the turn signals to the back and just left just enough to mount the license bracket to
Not to change the subject but, how do you like your two brothers exhaust? I'm ordering them for my 05 and I'm hoping that they are not too much louder than stock! What's your thoughts?

Two brothers are nice but it will be louder than stock.

Use the dremel to cut the flap and leave the little tab for your plate to mount , then turn your plate mount around and it makes the plate tilt back more.

That is how I did mine. Worked great! I used tin snips to make the initial rough cut, then used a dremel tool to do the final. Easy mod.

I used a razor knife on mine and basically followed the BT mod., then installed the short stalks.

sorry for the delay.. here ya go..

<!--EDIT|LadyHawk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154220007 -->

rear_end.JPG

Back