cutting fairings??

02bluebusa

Registered
Can anyone tell me how they or what they used to cut the fairings so straight? Like around the clutch cover, or for frames sliders, etc. I see it all the time and it looks like it came that way stock

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Do your rough cuts inside the lines and use a file or dremal wiht a sanding drum to slowly work into the line. finish with some sandpaper

kart

Registered
I just use a drill and a coping saw or just a hacksaw blade, depending on the area that I need to cut.

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
for frame sliders drill a hole and use a screwdriver to locate the panel...them open it up to fit the slider...for cleaning up the edge like the other guys said...file or scrape the edge with a razor blade to prevent the paint from chipping off...also you can use a clear nail polish to somewhat seal the raw edge. A roto zip tool is great for cutting plastic but be careful how you use it...if it runs or walks it will be a bigger hole than you desire. Tape or a grease pen also help mark the cut out area...

Poppy

Donating Member
Registered
For my frame slider holes, I used a nice sharp hole saw along with plenty of masking tape plus a extra fine file to knock the edges down a little. I still need to make the holes slightly bigger though. No hurry.....

Postal

Donating Member
Registered
Dremel with a cut-off wheel, tape the area, measure carefully, cut gradually, go slow.

lil charlie

Registered
I made grommets for mine and it came out fine. I took 1/4" black fuel line, cut it to length, then slit down the middle length wise and slipped it over the cut plastic. Worked great.

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jspence