Cut seat advantages

There's buddy you know a a little about alot but you know nothing about me!
I know this... And I am not being rude or argumentative when I say this. But it is probably clear to everyone posting in this thread except you that you are over your head here. And it shows more with each post you make. This is my last post in this thread. If you want to be like my wife and have the last word feel free to do so.

Ummmm......what?
I think you're trying to say I disagreed with @Popie , I don't. What he said is on point.
What you said about the reason fuel cars not pulling wheelies because they don't have front suspension is completely, utterly and totally wrong.
Try and keep up here, I'll explain it to you. When fuel cars launch, the wheelie bars hit the track. A lot of teams use chalk on the little wheels on the bar to indicate where the bars came down. If the bars fail, the car WILL go over backwards. Rails, which fuel cars are, don't have front suspension because the chassis is designed to flex enough to absorb bumps on the track. That's why you sometimes see them bouncing up and down at the big end or on the return road. So yeah, I said you are giving bad info out because you were.
Your bike doesn't break the tire bead because it's not making enough power to do so. Has nothing to do with the tire brand or model. Tire pressure is dependent on far more than the weather. Start with recommended pressure and decrease until the track will hold it. Saying a blanket 9lbs is also bad information.
You say you've been drag racing 35 years, maybe you should act like it. I know kids who race Jr dragsters that know more about racing than you do.
You buy them books and buy them books. Some kids just won't listen.:) It was me that said I had 35 years not our boy here. And when I said 9psi. I was just saying what I run at the track. Not really telling anyone else to. I think his computer/forum skills may be weak too. He keeps mixing up quotes. This may be one of those... You can lead a horse to water things... I have to admit it's wore me down.:)

You buy them books and buy them books. Some kids just won't listen.:) It was me that said I had 35 years not our boy here. And when I said 9psi. I was just saying what I run at the track. Not really telling anyone else to. I think his computer/forum skills may be weak too. He keeps mixing up quotes. This may be one of those... You can lead a horse to water things... I have to admit it's wore me down.:)
10-4 sir.

Okay so here is my cut seat. Now just for some grip tape or thin rubber mat to further prevent slipping backwards. Also not the new holes (tapped) in the mounting for getting it as low as it can possibly go on the frame.

pjwyJ2FxVzCNpF9IW730pnQy83yvxZxEFcJQ=w1250-h937-no.jpg

eOY55pgJ9p-qbzkOUXlj8BDle1KTiDMhck-w=w1250-h937-no.jpg

aAzgZ0-WgbTiatDLX0G8kn_W3rL1p4KP9UEA=w1250-h937-no.jpg

Grip tape will wear your clothes down quickly, even leathers. It's essentially sandpaper with a sticky back. What wuzza suggested will work, or some fabric. I used spray upholstery glue to hold it in place.

If you have a long torso, you might not be able to get behind the windscreen as tight as you could with a couple inches of seat thickness removed. The busa already has a pretty low fuel tank to flatten down on but lower you can tuck the better I guess. I think a skinny seat looks a lot cooler too. Must be a bit uncomfortable for long trips though.

Back