Customized 2up tank. S.W.E.E.T

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I've been working on this tank for some time. I have a friend who has a metal fabrication shop who fabricated the handles. I drew up the diagram of what I wanted and he did a premiere job. If anyone is a welder, you know how difficult it can be to weld steel that's about as thick as two pages of your news paper. I'm fairly confident that there is not another tank exactly like this one in existence. I took the idea from Jason Pridmore and expanded on it.

The amount of time that went into this project was surprising to say the least. I wouldn't suggest you drop your tank off at a metal fabrication shop, show them one of the following photos and say "Make my tank look like that one". You may get queasy when you are presented with the bill.

Having handles makes life so much easier on me as well as the passenger. Recessing the handles into the tank eliminates any chance of loosing the family jewels in case of a crash.

Following is a few photos of the process along with one action shot.

Warren tank 3.jpg

DSC05417.jpg

DSC05420.jpg

DSC05423.jpg

DSC05436.jpg

DSC05444.jpg

SteveOs 2upTank Action.jpg

Yer a techno wiz right Tuft... ergonomics... Fail. :laugh:

Aesthetic's... Fail.:laugh:

Economics... Fail.:laugh:

RSD.

atg.gif

atg1.jpg

Well Rub, apparently you place no value on your testicals. Personally, I want to keep mine in working order for the duration of life!

Once you have some experience in crashin, you will either smarten up or you'll be speaking in a squeaky voice! :dunno:

Well Rub, apparently you place no value on your testicals. Personally, I want to keep mine in working order for the duration of life!

Once you have some experience in crashin, you will either smarten up or you'll be speaking in a squeaky voice! :dunno:

I actually place a higher value on the well being of yer lab rats there. Her hands are going to get caught up in those handles. The ergo's are wrong. Especially for comfort and collision. On impact her hands will slide forward and stop instead of instantly coming off. As her hands slide forward there will be a milli second where his legs cant go past her arms,and if her hand gets hung up,its going to break her wrists. As for comfort,if you extend your hands out in front of you and put them in a postition to grab your horizontally placed bars it must feel like holding 2 extended golf clubs. Her wrists half to be in a comprimised position. If you sit and stick your hands out as if you are holding 2 beers,you hands are comfortable and relaxed.The ultimate hand position while doing anything is to have your hands "at rest" in a natural,neutral position. Even at a 45% angle,niether vertical,nor horizontal would be thought of better by the average 22 year old with a kinesiology degree.Yer the track guru...how many crashes involve a broken pelvis bone. Very few I'm guessing due to the lack of frontal collisions. Far more low sides and hi sides I'm guessing. What happens to her hand and arm when the bike gets violently slapped to the ground? I dont feel the 99 dollar ebay version is any worse than yours,I just dont think something like this should even be attempted in "the back yard" so to speak. I think it better left up to a room full of experts.(maybe a couple engineers,couple of masters degrees in physiology,a few kinisologists,and toss in a couple PHD's for good measure.

What does the testing phase of your "tank grabber" entail? Them crashing,then you come over to check for broken bones.:rofl:

Sorry I'm not the bow-down praise Tuf type, no matter what,or in the Tuft clique membership.My critique is also not based on the fact that I dont like you. That fact is irrelevent.:laugh:

Posting on the internet can and always should draw peoples opinions,especially when someone has invented something like this.

You said yourself..."I'm fairly confident that there is not another tank exactly like this one in existence."

Ever stop to think that maybe there is a reason for that.:dunno:

friendly tip: Before insulting a members wife,you should consider a little research,maybe check with the 20+ members that have met the lady...who has never done any harm to you. Words can hurt right. But I'll leave that for another time.

Yer a techno wiz right Tuft... ergonomics... Fail. :laugh:

Aesthetic's... Fail.:laugh:

Economics... Fail.:laugh:

RSD.

Got a link for this?
I'm leary of all the gas cap mount handles, as the small bolts just don't seem to be a enough to support the passenger's weight.
The one you posted looks a little better since it can flex though.

Well Rub, seems as though you've got a burr under your saddle with me. You rattle like an air wrench but don't say much. If you have issues, just say so. No need to take a detour down around granny's hog pen to get my attention. If you are attempting to insult me, get in line. There have been many who have made that attempt and as of yet no one has succeeded in altering any aspect of my life. As I have said before, your opinion of me and three bucks will get you a hot cup of caffeine at Starbucks.

When you reach a level in the motorcycle world where people actually pay for your services in hopes of improving their skills we can have a discussion or a debate, your choice. Until then, save your lectures, its a waste of your valuable time! :beerchug:

Please keep it civil guys...we're talking about a 2Up tank here not each other. If you prefer the latter...take it to the PM's please.

There is a lot of work that went into those Tuf, and looks pretty dang cool. Is this Jason Pridmore's design?

Remember Rubb, these are pretty much for a specific purpose: To give DEMO rides on Trackdays...Which means 2 up rides at 50%, not out on the street or all day rides. As long as another rider doesn't hit them, a crash is unlikely.

I missed the spousal insult completely...

There is a lot of work that went into those Tuf, and looks pretty dang cool. Is this Jason Pridmore's design?

Yep, I got the idea from Pridmore. His looks a little home-made with three sided plate. I had the inner piece rolled and moved the grab-bar to the finger side a little to allow more room for the hard knuckle covers on some race gloves. Mine doesn't displace quite as much fuel as Jason's. I lost .6 gal of fuel capacity.

Here is a photo of Pridmores tank.

I just wish I had a small piece of Jason Pridmore's skills! World class rider for sure!

DSC05206.jpg

DSC05207.jpg

Back