Custom Wheels

I just picked up a set of Marvic superspins, chromed, brand new for 1600$ shipped, thanks to the org!
bowdown.gif

(MoosesBusa @ Sep. 21 2006,08:32) Playing the Devil's advocate here with numbers pulled from my head that i honestly believe to be close to accurate....
  They are expensive to produce and the number produced is smaller. The CNC machines are not cheap. Decent ones START at $250K Aluminum Blanks cost around $200 and labor to create the program is probably around $1000. Don't forget the Insurance Liability policy that has to be purchased to cover their product as well. We'll omit R&D as a factor 'cause I have NO idea what that would be. Now add your operational costs per rim and divide that by a ficticious number you guess you'll sell and you have your cost to produce. Add 50% and you have your retail price. You offer dealers a 30 % discount from the MSRP and you actually make 18% profit per rim after paying for personell and office utilities bookeepers etc..
Well you know how much the CNC machines cost but most of the CNC machines out there are leased. So the actual cost is in lease fees and maintenance. My neighbor has 4 CNC machines in his garage. 2 of them are leased the other 2 are very old and he owns them. He used to repair HAAS machines so he does all the repairs himself. I have helped him a few times fixing them.

Machine shops dont pay the labor fees you are quoting. Program fees are a one time shot unless you do it yourself which cost much less. Minor changes are made by less educated persons for little charge to a machine shop.

http://www.reichardracing.com

Check out the work he does, I help him with website. I am not a machinist so I could be wrong but I have a pretty good source.

(DaCol. @ Sep. 20 2006,10:43) I know you could sell alot more bike wheels for $1,200 a set (still twice as much as cars in some cases) than at $2,400  
iamwithstupid.gif
I carry a few options under $1800 for really niced forged aluminum wheels. I have the last few sets of black powdercoated Carrozzerria Stage 1 wheels for $1100 with a new rear sprocket. This exact wheel in black instead of chrome:

166b4a10.jpg

I also have sets of Carrozzerria V6 wheels in machine polish, black ano, and gold ano for $1375 with a new rear sprocket:

GSXR10CLREAR.jpg

np.jpg

I recently sold my last set of Marchesini forged alum silver wheels with a new rear sprocket for $1500....shipped to Europe!

I'm working with ks-waterbug to start a Group Buy for the Carrozzerria V6s if anyone is interested.

--Sean
Speedking MotoWerx

(Speedking MotoWerx @ Sep. 21 2006,20:17)
(DaCol. @ Sep. 20 2006,10:43) I know you could sell alot more bike wheels for $1,200 a set (still twice as much as cars in some cases) than at $2,400  
iamwithstupid.gif
I carry a few options under $1800 for really niced forged aluminum wheels.  I have the last few sets of black powdercoated Carrozzerria Stage 1 wheels for $1100 with a new rear sprocket.  This exact wheel in black instead of chrome:

166b4a10.jpg

I also have sets of Carrozzerria V6 wheels in machine polish, black ano, and gold ano for $1375 with a new rear sprocket:

GSXR10CLREAR.jpg

np.jpg

I recently sold my last set of Marchesini forged alum silver wheels with a new rear sprocket for $1500....shipped to Europe!

I'm working with ks-waterbug to start a Group Buy for the Carrozzerria V6s if anyone is interested.

--Sean
Speedking MotoWerx
nice bike...got any more pics?
what rotor is that?

here's mine
Marchesini Forged Magnesium wheels
Pirelli Diablo tires
Renthal sprocket
Braking wave rotor

I have a TiForce Sumo
so you can see the rear wheel really well
and as far as wasting $$
they're by no means cheap
but what engine upgrade can provide more performance than inertia=none

DSCN1026__Small_.JPG

Geezzzzzz I'am glad I started this thread  
tounge.gif
. I know more now about pricing and who has given me some baaaaaaaad info on pricing  
SHOCKED.gif

This just proves the ORG. is a Busamans best FRIEND  
beerchug.gif

Back