Custom wheels..

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings,

I am pricing new wheels for the busa. Although I would LOVE the carbon fiber wheels I can't justify the monies.

I am pricing two different models with vendors in this forum. I would like to thank them for there time in this matter! Very responsive and knowledgeable to say the least.

I don't know much about forged wheels. I was told they are a lot heavier than others aluimiun wheels.

I will post a couple of pictures of what I am considering. I need your feed back if YOU were going to do this upgrade.

Thanks for any time in this matter.

hogger...

seabring.jpg

I will say this the forged are easier to clean,cause th espun have th eopening and dirt gets in there...I like them all,have had the daytonas and the sebring..Prefernce is gonna be the thing....spst spst sheriffs
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

you like those Sheriffs too huh!
Good point on the cleaning. It would be hard to get in between the Sebrings/Daytonas.
hogger...

What are the weight of those wheels??

That would be the deciding factor for me. If there isn't a huge weight difference over OEM, I don't think it's worth it. If your going to be spending that kind of money for wheels, I would look are MARVIC, MARCHESINI or BST. Otherwise, you are just better off chroming your stockers and saving a LOT of money!
wink.gif

The thing about wheels is you have to decide what your after,looks,performance or just the desire to be different....Everybody hollers oh get this,oh get that, you can't compare rc comps to marvics or bst or marchesini,that is like comparing apples to grapefruit,their both fruits but with different looks,price range and uses....Decide what you want and go for it...

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140884549 -->

As far as myself I'm going for looks. Everybody has chrome stock wheels. I don't need the modifactions for speed. This Busa is fast enough.

I'm going for cosmetics. Wheels, set of painted matching mirrors and possibly a set of race ready painted panels. I have the funds to spend so money is not the issue. Trying to make up my mind is the hardist part.

I just completed the Heli Bar risers, kick stand mod and a tank bra. I am looking for a different tank bra however. Want the smooth finish. Let me know if you have a OEM tank bra.

At any rate, I do appreciate the different thought's given here.

hogger...

The thing about wheels is you have to decide what your after,looks,performance or just the desire to be different....Everybody hollers oh get this,oh get that, you can't compare rc comps to marvics or bst or marchesini,that is like comparing apples to grapefruit,their both fruits but with different looks,price range and uses....Decide what you want and go for it...
smile.gif

Back