Custom T3T4 turbo for Hayabusa?

Hayabusa=Mistress

Registered
I know someone that has a T3T4 turbo set-up for a Hayabusa for sale, but I am wondering if this is a reliable (and effective) turbo for a 2005 Hayabusa (I have stock motor). He has it for sale, saying that it's custom built from headers, plumbing, pipes, etc. Basically, the full set-up to install on a Hayabusa. I'm kind of skeptical being that he says it's "homemade" and that he is parting it from his 03 Hayabusa.

I don't have experience with this, so I'm curious if anybody has?

Would need some pics and more detail to accurately comment
no reason why a home build shouldn't be fine if its done right.

Here are pictures...

2010-10-149514.16.08.jpg

2010-10-149514.16.37.jpg

2010-10-149514.17.12.jpg

The construction and customer tech support from RCC will be worth a lot more than the 25% difference :whistle:

I am sure some one will be here soon to help

"It worked on first Hayabusa motor for 8k miles until boost creep killed it and then 1k on another hayabusa motor until holes were burned into the chambers from having too high of a compression pistons."

2 failures not necessarily blaming the custom system, because of how important tuning is, but I can't see a reason to get the system.

If it seems to be a good system, I might just hop on it for it's much cheaper. Of course, I would try to get the best tuning possible after the installation.

Although the picture doesn't show everything, what do you think so far from the pictures?

Some ugly ass welding........hopefully the welds have full penetration and do not fail anytime soon...

Besides the ugliness, I wonder how well the header seals to the head.....

I am sorry to point this out but It sounds to me like you have already talked yourself into buying this kit. which gets you one of these -> ::11

If you want my honest opinion....... which I am sure you do because you obviously posted this thread, save your money and buy a new kit from a reputable company. I know that you may have found a way to do it "cheaper" but that probably isn't such a hot idea when your talking about a turbo. A new kit costs more, but if you start having problems with this custom kit there is virtually no support. I am extremely new to the forced induction addition to my bike and I can tell you from the little experience I have had so far that the support is INVALUABLE ! ! ! ! ! I cannot stress this enough. The kit that I purchased from a reputable dealer came with virtually no instruction. I have no problem tearing my bike apart and fabricating crap to accommodate my build but you shouldn't have to. If you love your bike even 1/16th as much as I love mine, do her a favor and treat her to a new kit.

Oh, I almost forgot the most important part.......Take it to Frank at Powerhouse for the tune!!! :laugh:

That guy has been more help to me than anyone so far! I haven't paid the guy a dime (ok, I bought an air filter cause the one with my kit was crap) and he has been nothing but gracious with what I am sure are inconsequential details of my build! When my build is complete the first place its heading is 9 hours north in the back of my truck. :race:

HOLY CRAP! With the emphasis being on the second word . . .

That is one very scary looking kit! The mild steel header will crack, if it hasn't already. You will have nothing but problems with this POS.

run away!:whistle:

Frank hit the nail on the head!!! No need to "sugar coat" any comments about this kit!! If the turbo is not a Chinese knock-off,.......this kit might have a value of a few hundred dollars. The welding and design of the header and plenum are atrocious!!! This is not only my opinions,.....but these are FACTS!!! Run Forrest,...RUN!!!!!!!

lol I wasn't impatient about purchasing this kit and wanted it right away. I really just wanted some of your opinions, which are great by the way, to see if this was a good deal - being that it "does the job" and that it's "25% the cost of a new kit for the exact same effect."

But from what the seller has told me, and pictures he has sent, I'm not confident in this kit anymore.

Nevertheless, I didn't know customer support was of such importance. Little did I know!

You get what you pay for,
Rough is an understatement but will it bolt on and make boost, i would say yes, it may not last long before the headers crack or the plenum cracks, or the turbo (if a cheap ebay item) gives fault, and it will not make top hp/psi boost .
a kit is also much more than turbo headers and plenum, what fuel system is with it and what engine management , how are the oil lines connected,oil cooler blockoffs ??,
And if anything is missing or needs modifying to work or fit properly or you need some instruction on assembly can you do it or get help somewhere.?
Not saying don't get it , just be forewarned of potential probs.
and compare prices, seen 2nd hand name kits selling as low as 1/2 price ...

hey Frank you can use mild steel and get it not to crack BUT it has to be done right to assure it doesnt crack
but the same goes for SS too

hey Frank you can use mild steel and get it not to crack BUT it has to be done right to assure it doesnt crack
but the same goes for SS too

Hey Chris,..........I believe he was talking mainly about the welds. Those welds are hideous! I'm quite sure the penetration wasn't very good either! The guy obviously has the motivation to build stuff,......I'd tell him to go take a semester of welding at a community college and better his skills at least 1000%. :thumbsup:

I myself would fab it up and perhaps tack it then have a pro do it. I'm not prettiest welder either but I know my welds penetrate or at least check for it. For my welds, a good grinder goes a long way..... :rofl:

Back