Custom Rifles

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Lookin into either gettin a 30.06, .270, or .243...........Anyone here have a rifle they've tricked out? I'll mostly be using it at the range and for "varmint bustin" but huntin now n then if the urge strikes me year to year. Lets see pics if you've got a prized weapon :-)
guns.gif
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

nice setup man, specs? What's the difference between that and a regular .22?

The difference is the amount of powder behind the bullet. The 22-250 is one of the best balanced and most flexible of the high powered 22 centerfires. It is also the most popular of the long range 22 varmint cartridges, effective to ranges of 400 yards or more. The 22-250 also has a reputation for outstanding accuracy and has been used with some success for benchrest shooting. Many individuals that have had experience with both the 22-250 and the 220 Swift report that the former gives significantly longer case life with full loads than the latter. The 22-250's, as with most of the other high powered 22's, is not recommended for use on deer or other medium sized game. The reason, of course, is the light varmint bullets are made to expand quickly and will not offer sufficient penetration on a large animal.

I think goin somethin like this route would better suit me than to spend more $$ on a larger caliber not only for purchase but for ammo as well. What did you spend on yours?

i'm on AIM as bigdaddytito6767 and yahoo as sunmangreen23

I am going to bed. It is 3am here. That is all I really know about the gun redkat, lots of people have told me that they would either buy a .22-250 or a .22Hornet for varmit hunting
guns.gif

I have a Savage 270 (6.8mm) that I have had for about 15 years. I have had some trigger work done, floated and bedded the barrel and added a muzzle brake and a Leupold Scope. I have the trigger at 2.5 lbs. I use it for hunting. I generally obtain 1/2" groups at 100yds and 1" groups out to 200 yds and i am not an expert marksman. This is an older gun that did not come capable of this type of shooting but it can now.
guns.gif

If you want an all around gun the 22-250 is a good gun for range, varmint and hunting deer sized game. Larger Northern deer would need perfect shot placement though. Also the .223 is well suited for these activities. There is also a .224TTH that is a special catridge and rifle i am not too familiar with but is from what i read a very nice shooter.

Good luck with you search.

Back