Custom map for each gear , anyone done this.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
I'm planning on going to Blais next week at their request for a little experimenting. I/they plan on taking off XTRE and making a custom map for each individual gear ?
We are both curious to see what diffs there will be in the bike as far as how she rides as well as any diffs in HP numbers .

Does anyone else have six maps in their PCV , one for each gear ?
Any comments or suggestions will be most appreciated .

Thanks

um, i think suzuki mapped every gear :laugh:

Ogre how ya doing buddy ?

Yes I realize it came that way but I asked
about a 'custom map' for each gear .
Just curious if anything can be gained over stock by doing it this way ?

dunno, i think they just optimized ignition timing, based on the increased loads in higher gears. realistically, a good pump gas tune will be just as good. i'd say just reflash blanca. then give her some squeeze. you know high class ladies love popping those bottles...

Ogre I would like to do ecu flash and then tune from there but guys I use are not familiar with it or exp doing it .
I am mostly curious to see the diff in bike simply without xtre on it . I had PC V and xtre done same time same day so I have no exp with bike and just PC V. would like to see how it runs and feels without that alone and they said 'hey while your here we can do a custom map for each gear'
No charge , so why not ?

Get your ecu flashed, removes 1st through 4th timing restrictions, you can also adjust timing not just a/f ratio, better hp gains over pc... just my $.02...

Get your ecu flashed, removes 1st through 4th timing restrictions, you can also adjust timing not just a/f ratio, better hp gains over pc... just my $.02...

I agree and do not doubt it but until I can trust the guys who I use and they trust themselves doing it I will stick with the way it is .

Yeppas, I use 4th to go to the beach...5th to go to FL, and for really really long trips I might click into 6th gear~!~ :laugh:

It'll be interesting to see what you find out. I could see a small difference being introduced partially due to differences in ram air speed for one (they say that doesn't make a lot of difference, but I bet it makes a little).

This is more common for the serious turbo guys because they can run different lbs of boost per gear with a boost controller.
Like 1st gear 8lbs
2nd - 10lbs
3rd - 13lbs
4th - 18lbs
5th - 21 to 24 lbs etc

Remember 1#= about 12 hp so the air fuel ratio really changes depending on the gear your in. I don't think you need to think about gear dependent maps, aren't you on bolt on performance upgrades?

Yes Megawatt just bolt on mods .
Really I just wanna see how it rides without xtre on it and since I'll be there they offered to make me a map for each gear .
Like they said 'hey it can't hurt to have a map for each gear'
Can it ?

I was also thinking about getting the new module power commander has that allows you to control all 8 injectors .
Just bored and playing is all ?

Have thought about Autotune module as well but figured a custom map, one or six will negate the need for Autotune module ?

Save your money on the module, flashing controls all 8 injectors and no pc to go bad, simple as a 2 wire harness, you don't need the kit, just the 2 wires, kit is if you want to make changes yourself, just saying :whistle: Talk to Smithbusa don't take my word for it...

you can feel the difference in the timing in the lower gears..A fine tune blanch is a must.Run good fuel and keep her tuned.

Save your money on the module, flashing controls all 8 injectors and no pc to go bad, simple as a 2 wire harness, you don't need the kit, just the 2 wires, kit is if you want to make changes yourself, just saying :whistle: Talk to Smithbusa don't take my word for it...

Oh I believe you and him . Don't doubt flashing one bit . Just that the guys I use aren't that familiar or exp with it is all.

Back