Custom Made Exhaust

blakqhawk

Registered
I am trying to build a different custom ehuast for my busa, i have had mine now for 2 years and have over 10,000, miles on it. and working a a second paint job.

One this is missing before i get to finish this thing. I need different exhuast. I know i can jimmy rig this this together but i am trying to find someone to possible help me build it, or build it for me and possible tune it for me if i give them then plans and details.

My problem : I live in south dakota, everthing is harley harley harley, I loves harleys and all that and own one i built. But no one around in almost a 1000 mile radius that i can find will help me build this. I am even willing to give the guy who builds this the rights to be the main seller of it.

Can anyone lead me in a good direction?

Send it out to body shops out side of that radius. If no one'll take it there, just pay a little more to have it shipped out.

That, or hook up with MidnightBusainSD. You can ask him where he gets his work done.

i will have to ask him, but i dont know who to send it to, thats what i am basicly asking

trying to find a company that does a good job and you can trust is hard.

The store where i bought mine from, (brand new), i took there right about 1000 miles on it to do a good once over, he messed with the idle, and screw it up and couldnt fix it. They didnt have a tech there that could fix it so i had to driver almost 200 miles to get i fix right.

Everyone has there horror stories with tech shops, and i dont really need one with this project.

if you have the plans for the exhaust, I know a guy who can build it.

Im a little more than a 100 miles from ya but Ill see what I can do.

Josh

i am working on the final mesurements but ya, i am will to send the stuff a few 1000 miles away if i have to but i just want it done

well hit me up with the plans and Ill see if I cant hook you up with a pimp exhaust system!!

Im hear to help.

Josh

hit me up with your email adderess and i will email you back

and i will email you with some breif description to see if you have any good ideas to go with it

cool.gif

Basic for trial purpose only,  i purchase a second set of stock exhuast headers.  

Then picked up 2 exhuast cans, (mufflers, (Van & Hines)).  oval shape one, that would have been made for a bue,( around a 94 year).  I want them mounted to the headers after the crossover.  Oval cans are only about 3 inches high.  

This seems to fit nice above the bottom wing, on both sides on the rea suspension mount.  A little modification might have to be done to the bottom wing,  I can get a metal one made to winstand the heat and make it a little lower to give more room for the cans.  The two exhuast ports are going to be point outwards at and angle just a few inches before the rear tire.  

No one around me will help me put it together or help me tune it.  Nice things about this Vance & Hines cans for the buell is that you can add more packing or less to the correct airflow, then screw the ends back on.

I can kinda weld, but all the welders and welding shops around me say that wont work on "RICE". So here i am stuck.

I am hoping that this will give it a different look,  and i can either take off the rear pegs for passengers or take off the mounting point for them.  

Plus i will drop alot of wieght also form the smaller cans and less pipes on the sides.

Once i get this done i can send parts list and plans on how to do this, plus try this with better headers if it works well.

<!--EDIT|blakqhawk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136603488 -->

I have a guy just down the street from me that has all the pipe bending stuff and can weild like a machine. If you want it Hydro-formed, there is a shop like twenty min from my place I can have look into it if your interested.

I can tell you this, basic welding is the easy part to get done and will be cheap. Hydro-forming is gona cost the living hell out of ya.

I can get it done just like you want. Just need the parts. Also, would you consider just using clamps like some exhaust people do??? that would save alot of money too.

I just need the pipes, the cans and drawings of what you want. I would even be willing to leave my back for test fittings at the shop.

thats might sounds like a plan.

I will back back ahold of you hear in a bit to make plans to get this started.

Rob

Back