custom exhaust

andrew929

Registered
Looking for some info. While searching for different exhaust for wife's 11' Busa we came across this. Looks to be from 06-07 gsxr 600 (we have one also). Wife likes how it looks. My question is will it flow enough? Seen guys using Micron's R6 cans but this is stock. Busa already is just right for her stock but dont want to kill power either. Thanks for any input.
RED_LINE_CUSTOM_2.jpg

I'm wondering how they did that. Don't the Gixxer's have an actual muffler mounted below the bike, and that is just the tip?

It almost looks like they welded that tip to a custom midpipe, and if that's the case, you won't have any real "muffling" of sound. It would be like running chrome tips..

I'm wondering how they did that. Don't the Gixxer's have an actual muffler mounted below the bike, and that is just the tip?

It almost looks like they welded that tip to a custom midpipe, and if that's the case, you won't have any real "muffling" of sound. It would be like running chrome tips..

This^
That does look like a 600/750 muffler shell welded on to factory midpipe(s).
No power gains, and probably a small power loss. A dyno tune would improve it.
You could weld a muffler shell like that over a Brocks Alienhead and have a near identical look, only with a nice power gain.

See what you mean, just shield welded to pipes. Looked at our 600 and seems to be some baffling in it. Yes, the actual "muffler" is mounted under bike on 600. My worry is leaving baffling in tip intact is it going to flow enough or choke the Busa. This is just an idea for something different. Hell, made our 929 exhaust from 10' camaro SS premuffler & Buick Enclave exhaust tip. Lol.

actual muffler is mounted under the bike on the 600 etc and the can is actually just a baffled tip to further reduce noise. with how far that bike is extened i think it would be hard to do on a stock bike

Back